Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Muses #9

Monday. Monday! 

I'm already looking forward to the weekend. More on that at the end of today's Muses. Doesn't having something to look forward to at the end of the week make the start of another Monday seem a bit easier? I know when I woke up this morning I was entirely in my Monday-moody-blues, I was actually happily awake. I think my family thought I had lost my mind. Lilliana even said to me, "Mommy you're never like this in the morning..." Well, I won't comment on where her lack of verbal filter came from...hehe! Anyway, it's Monday & because Wednesday could very well be the new Monday for me this week, here are some muses to get you through the beginnings of another week! 

Blueberry Breakfast Quesadillas! We are nearing the end of the school year & I'm running low on breakfast ideas. We have eaten so many bowls of oatmeal & a few too many pancakes. This morning this little gem appeared on my Pinterest feed & I don't know how I haven't thought of this on my own. We have done breakfast quesadillas before but these seem so yummy! I will have to see what I can come up with as we have about 4 bricks of cream cheese right now. This particular recipe calls for the Laughing Cow Cinnamon spread but I think it is pretty versatile. I will let you know what I come up with, until then you can check out the Daydream Recipe. (Link)

Okay, I'm loving the food posts this morning! Probably because I haven't had breakfast yet...but since we are going on a little road-trip this weekend I'm looking for things I can make ahead & pack for when we are in the hotel. I LOVE carmelitas. They might be my absolute favorite treat, with the chocolate, carmel combo I'm basically addicted. I have the ingredients for these on my grocery list already! (Link)

I have begun to plan for some spring/summer DIY projects & on the top of my list is painting furniture. I'm going to start with our dining room table & chairs as I already spilled some beautiful Malted Mint paint on a chair when I was painting the room itself. I want to do the furniture with a distressed-rustic look & I plan to paint the entire set white. This how-to guide by Bless This Mess, Please is one of the most informative & helpful one I have read so far. (Link)

A Frozen Birthday Party? Yes, please! Even though the kids have summer birthday's I know a Frozen theme will be high on their lists. Last year we did a Hello Kitty-Mario Brothers combo for the twins, & a Despicable Me them for Danielle. This year I need to be on my party-game since the twins have friends they are inviting from school & it will be their first official party that won't be only family in attendance. This Frozen Party makes me want to make an ice cream cake & bust out our holiday lights right now, even though I just put them away last week. (Link)

Now here is what has me in such a good mood this morning. We are leaving on Friday to head to Valdez for Snowfest! Nikoli will be racing in the 120 events & we will be going to as many of the other competitions. We just the plan to go on Saturday when we were at the AMMC Drag Racing & luckily we were able to find a hotel room in Valdez & made the rest of the plans from there. If you are looking to take a road-trip in Alaska head to Snowfest! We have never been to Valdez so I'm really, really, really excited! 

Just a quote to remember this week....

love from alaska,
sadie