Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Anthropologie & West Elm Home Decor

Spring Fever Inside & Out
It is no secret that my cabin fever has turned into full fledged spring fever. I'm ready to open our windows & let the fresh air take over. I'm also ready to begin/finish some of the DIY projects that I have been slowly making my way through in the house. While I do feel like I made a decent amount of progress this winter, I'm really finding my motivation again & I want to get everything finished by September. Wishful thinking??? Probably. Especially when I spend my time pouring over all of the gorgeous home decor available from Anthropologie & West Elm. 
Since I have been browsing both sites so much lately for inspiration I thought I should share my finds with all of you. :)

|1.|2.|3.|4.|
While I do have to admit that I'm a real-live grown up now...husband, kids, house & all, there is still a part of me that will be greatly connected to the fairy tales & stories from my childhood. Even as a young adult I felt a connection to the magical & whimsical, from Harry Potter to the Witches of East end series & beyond. Since I can't go all out & re-create the dormitory from HP or live in a castle like Cinderella I've been looking for some pieces filled with inspiration from my favorite tales. Each of these pieces are from Anthropologie & I just feel like they have the essence of whimsey that I love so much. The  little deer print & the toadstool clock are relatively affordable & the Anastasia Mirror is totally an investment/splurge piece. The Complete Peter Rabbit set is just a perfect edition & I know the kids would love having an entire set. 

|1.|2.|3.|4.|5.|
I can not believe there was ever a time when I did not like gold anything. From accessories to accents I was a total silver loving girl. Luckily something changed & I have found myself quite obsessed with gold, from metallics & glitter to matte & more coppery finishes, gold is one of my power colors. As we get closer to transitioning our bedroom from the 1980's outdated feel it has now to something more modern I find myself searching for little accents to make it feel more like our bedroom, not just a place where we sleep and store our clothes. The gilded bunny prints aren't exactly adult-bedroom perfection, but I just had to share them. If you are planning a children's play room or a nursery they are just lovely. Since we have a bar plan in the works the Glimmer Wrapped glassware are a must for me, Justin will probably prefer something else. I really love the shadow boxes & lipstick holder for my baubles & lippies on our dresser. Right now everything I have is in acrylic drawers & while I love them I just want something with more of an edge. 

|1.|2.|3.|4.|5.|
With spring & summer's arrival we host quite a few backyard BBQ's & of course parties(all of the kids have summer brays!) so these dining & entertaining picks are a much have for the upcoming celebration season. The lion dinner plate has such a beautiful vintage feel & if lions are not your thing there are 9 other colors/creatures to pick from! I also really love the little bunny rabbit, but it just seems like more of a fall piece to me. The serving platter & pitcher reminds me of the secret garden & it would look perfect with some of the other pieces I have for entertaining. Of course I couldn't pass up including a little mint bowl or rose gold salad serving set(on sale!). Currently we drink out of a lot of mason jars as I figured they were the most affordable option to transition the kids from using plastic to glass. While we are still mid-transition I like to keep an eye out for glass wear that seems kid-tough as well as unique. 


Are any of you as in love with these pieces as I am?? Have you found something you just had to have from West Elm or Anthropologie? 

It was so fun spending some time online window-shopping on the Anthropologie & West Elm sites. I feel really refreshed & inspired to start bringing some whimsical, springy, accents into our home. Of course I'm ready to host some great summer celebrations & I can not wait to be able to open some windows! 

Happy Saturday!
Sadie

(This post was not sponsored in anyway, I just really love to window-shop online & West Elm & Anthroplogie are 2 of my go-to faves.)