Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Two Must-Have Wet N Wild Color Icon Singles

Color Icon Singles
When it comes to products from the drugstore there are a lot of misses & worthless items that do not deserve a home in anyone's collection. Then a product comes along that is so well formulated, & too spectacular not to share. These are the Holy-Grail products that beauty bloggers & YouTube Guru's rave about, they are often sold out & sometimes impossible to find. 
I'm going to share 2 of my Must-Have-Worthy products with you. They are extremely affordable, pigmented, beautiful & deserve to live in your permanent make-up collection.

Wet N Wild Color Icon Singles in Nutty & Brulee 
I have used these 2 shades so much that this is my second Nutty & my third Brulee. The entire Color Icon Singles collection are quite hit & miss, so you really can waste $1 or $2 on some shades if you aren't careful. Now if you are looking to try a new shade, I would prefer to spend that amount over high end prices any day. Nothing is worse than spending $20+ on shadow & having it end up being something you regret purchasing down the road.

Nutty on the left & Brulee on the right. 

Nutty is a soft taupey-brown with a hint of shimmer. It is a great crease shade when you are wanting to create a nude-colored smokey eye. Since re-purchasing it a few weeks ago it has become a staple in my daily routine, I think I wear it at least 4 days a week. I'm obsessed!
Brulee is a matte-cream shade that is perfect for under the brow or brightening up your over all eye look when things have gone a bit cray-cray. I use this shade anytime I feel like there is not enough brightness to my eyes & I need an extra dose of make-up illusion awake. 

Nutty is on the top left & brulee the bottom right. 

As you can see both shades are soft in their pigmentation. They are totally buildable though & Nutty has a beautiful almost auburn depth too it that looks great on blue eyes. Brulee is such a great matte color that is not chalky, making it an ideal shade for anyone's collection. 

If you are interested in trying out either of these shades, keep an eye out for them at your local drugstore or grocery store. I picked mine up for around $2.99 when Wet N Wild was Buy One-Get One Half Off at Fred Meyer. Now, I have heard that Nutty was discontinued but I spotted it at the Wasilla Fred Meyer last week! We are usually the last one to have things show up on our shelves & the last ones to have discontinued items pulled here in Alaska. Let me know if you can find them at a store near you! 

What are your must-have's from the Wet N Wild Color Icon Singles Line??? :) 

as always, love from alaska
sadie