Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Revlon Parfumerie Polish Review

Scented Nail Polish in 2014
Nail art has been a trendy-trend for years now, from printed nail stickers to chalkboard nail designs & super bling polish, there is a nail fad for just about everyone. So I really shouldn't of been surprised when Revlon released their 2014 Parfumerie Line of 24 Scented Polishes, ranging in shades from Bordeaux to Lime Basil, metallics, shine finishes & even some glitter. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the line on display at Fred Meyer & Target. 
I knew instantly that the line was a must-try for me. It took hold of my nostalgic side right away & I was transported back to my early sleepover days. You know the ones where 90's kids liked to smell scented markers & we painted our nails from friends' big sisters polish stashes & scratch & stiff stickers were all the rage. I picked up a couple of shades & now you can check them out too...

Revlon Parfumerie Polishes in Wintermint(left) & African Tea Rose(right). 

When I initially saw the displays it was the packaging that sucked me in. I'm a total sucker for different styled packaging, so to Revlon's marketing team....you got me on this one! ;) The I glanced at the shades that were available & the Wintermint shade caught my eye. It is a metallic mint color with flecks of darker mint glitter. 

Here is Wintermint when applied to my nails. Now, I applied this just for the sake of getting a picture for this post, it is not my best application & as you can see I was in need of an overall mani-fix. I applied two coats of the polish without a top coat or base coat. I did wear this polish on all of my nails without a base coat (seriously, someone remind me to buy one sometime), 2 coats of polish & the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. Surprisingly it lasted for almost 5 days without chipping. My mani's only ever last me 2 days or so without chipping. The golden polish that you see chipping here was on my nails for 3 days at this point. 

I picked up the African Tea Rose pink shade over the weekend at Target & it is one of my favorite polishes in my collection already. I have a really hard time finding pink polishes that I really love because I'm so picky about them. They can't be too nude or too baby-pink, I do not like orange toned pinks either. Pink is one of my favorite colors so I have no idea why finding pink polishes has become such a challenge. African Tea Rose is the perfect blue-toned pink shade & I will be wearing it a bunch for spring/summer 2014.


This was my mani before days 3 & 4 hit. The pink is of course African Tea Rose, the taupey shade is a favorite from Wet N Wild-Wet Cement & the glitzy gold is a new-ish edition from Sephora-Formula X Sparklers in Light My Fire. Each polish is shown with 2 coats, no base coat & a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. The African Tea Rose shade has held up quite well on my nails with only a couple of chips after about 5 days of wear, most of this due to me doing lots of cleaning & washing my hands about 20+ times a day.

The thing you're all probably curious to know about these polishes, the hype that surrounds them....the SCENT! I selected my shades based on their colors, not on what their scent would be as I figured the scent would be pretty short lived. Initially both of them had a strong traditional nail polish smell with just a hint of fragrance. I actually thought Wintermint would give me a head ache it was so strong. Once the polishes were applied their scents were obvious & true to their name sakes with Wintermint having a light, sweet minty scent & African Tea Rose smelled of actual roses. After I applied the top coat the scents were still lingering & I could smell them for about 3 whole days.  The scent isn't strong enough for anyone else to really notice, unless you know, you ask them to sniff your nails or something. So they are totally safe to wear to work & out & about without annoying people with your snazzy-jazzy scented nails. 

All in all I think these are a fun product & if you see a shade you like go ahead & go for it. The packaging is adorable & would look chic displayed on a vanity or your beauty desk. I think these would make a great gift (if the age appropriate shade is selected) for a tween or teenager who is just starting to venture into doing her nails. The scents are just a fun novelty bonus that add a little something extra to painting your nails. Which in the scheme of things is really quite nice. :) You can find these polishes at your local drugstore as well as online at Ulta. 

I will probably try to see if I can find the Moonlit Woods shade & the Ginger Melon as I think they are well suited for Spring/Summer 2014. 

Have any of you tried this new line of trendy polishes by Revlon out yet? What did you think? Leave a comment below & don't forget to subscribe via bloglovin! :) 

as always, love from alaska
sadie