Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Shop My Stash #2

Spotlight Product of the Week

If you are wondering where I have been since the turn of 2014, I assure you I have been just over the hills of the internet taking a mini-rest from blogging to focus on my family, life off-line & of course tending to my broken foot. Now that my foot is almost 100% pain free & the twins have returned to their school routine I can finally plunge back into blogging 3-5 days a week! I also have some vlog-style videos that I will be uploading over on my youtube channel sometime soon. :) 

Back in November I introduced my first Shop My Stash post & while my intentions were to feature a new product weekly, life got a wee bit frazzled & I...failed. Now that 2014 is here I have made a commitment to posting regularly, especially when it comes to my weekly series. So this is the official kick off to... 2014's Shop My Stash-Spotlight Product's! 

This week's product...
RIMMEL LONDON LASTING FINISH LIPSTICK in #124-BORDEAUX

 I stumbled upon this lipstick back in November when my search for the perfect wine-colored-lippie was in full on, I will find one or peril mode. Luckily this was one of only a couple that I tried & I instantly fell in love with it so there was no need to continue the search. I much prefer to by my on-trend shades of lipstick at the drugstore price point versus having to shell out some serious $$$ for the high end options. 


Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipsticks are among my all-time favorites from the drugstore. They have a pretty great color range & their formula always stays put on my lips with or without the use of a liner. 
I do prefer to wear this particular shade with a liner just to increase the drama of wearing a true wine-colored lipstick. I think when it comes to dark lip shades a liner really helps things look flawless & it also extends the long-wearing properties. I have been using my nude-colored Ulta brand liner for every lipstick lately...I know, I know, I should be using a liner that matches my lipstick shade, but I just think it's a bit silly to buy a liner for each lipstick. ;) 

While I love my more purple-toned reds for winter, I really like that this shade has a true-wine-red quality to it. I personally haven't found my perfect shade of vixen-red & I find that shades like this are much easier for me to wear. If you are still wanting to try the wine colored lip trend, it certainly isn't too late as winter is still in full blown Polar-Vortex effect. As far as I'm concerned as long as there is snow on the ground, there is dark lipstick to be worn! 

I found my tube of Bordeaux at our local Wasilla Target. Walgreen's also had it in stock as of last week. If you can't find it anywhere locally it is available from a seller on Amazon that you can check out here.

as always, love from alaska
sadie