Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Oh Hey 2014.

Hello New Year



I can describe my 2013 in 5 words; challenging, frightening, uncertain, difficult & wonderful. 2013 arrived quietly & calmly, but as it progressed I found myself unemployed, struggling as a mother, fighting to define myself & still be the best wife possible. Not to mention the ordeals we went through to finally buy our home & my Jetta. 
There were many moments of unexpected struggles, still by the time the middle of the year hit things seemed to have eased up. I found myself being able to relax & enjoy things a bit more. 
2013 was certainly not my year, I have so much more positivity & hope surrounding me for 2014 & I'm sure it is going to be my best year yet! 

As I've grown older & perhaps wiser I have found that how I start my New Year is how my New Year tends to go...last year as 2012 & I parted ways I let things weigh very heavily on my soul & perhaps that is why 2013 was so bitterly-rough & sweet for me. This time I chose to open myself up to new possibilities & truly try, try, try to accept the things I cannot change. I also didn't make any resolutions last year & as a Sagittarius that just wasn't in my nature, I really think not setting any resolutions/goals at the start of the New Year really through me off. 

I did not make a huge list of resolutions for 2014...but if you are interested you can read the few I did make below...

  • Build Friendships that are worth while & get rid of the rest. I cannot control the people who do not want to be a part of my life. I can control who I surround myself with & I can be especially selective with the people whom I invite into my inner circle of true friends & family. 
  • Make more time for myself. I found in 2013 in order to be a better mother & wife, I need to be a better version of myself. In order to do that I need to develop healthier ways to spend my time that allow me to feel worthy, happy, strong & empowered. 
  • Find my body confidence again. Although I do not have a # on a scale I'm shooting for, I have found myself pretty upset with my lack of athletic activity. Since I spent so much of my life as an athlete the way I have de-railed over the last 3 years has truly effected my soul. (The broken foot is not supporting this resolution at all! haha!)
  • Make my blog & Youtube schedules as consistent as possible. I feel like I began to find my stride in the end of 2013, but I have fallen away from Monday Muses & Fall in Love Friday's lately & I really want to get back into my groove. 
  • Allow my children to just...BE. I feel like I spent so much of 2012-2013 correcting behaviors, developing routines, charting schedules, adjusting chore charts, making lunches & who knows what else, that I just forgot how to have fun as a mother. This year I want to travel more with my kids, give them more opportunities for 1 on 1 time & let their creative-freak-flags fly so to speak. 
  • Fight Nice. I've wrote about Fighting Nice in my Fall in Love Friday Series & I need to take some of my own advice & be better at communicating what I NEED vs. what I am feeling when it comes to disagreements between Justin & myself.
  • Find my inner voice. 2013 was a year where I left myself in the backseat & by doing so I felt unfulfilled, grumpy, worn out & quite lack-luster about myself & life. With 2014 I want to speak my soul a little more & re-route myself back to a stronger, more grounded, empowered version of myself. 

There are my few & scattered resolutions for 2014. I hope that you all had sparkly, spectacular celebrations to usher in the New Year & that you are feeling a bit brighter & lighter with the arrival of a New Year. I will be back with some more posts soon! :) 


“The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective.” — G.K. Chesterton

as always, love from alaska 
sadie