Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mally Celebrate Your Beauty Color Collection

Celebrate Your Beauty Color Collection Review

For Christmas my mom sent me this 12 piece Mally Cosmetics-Celebrate Your Beauty Color Collection from QVC. I was so excited when she sent me a text to let me know what was on its way! I'll show you everything that was included in the set & swatches...so far I have been really liking this everything but I will for sure note my favorites. 

This is just the outside of the case that the set comes in. I knew I was going to love it as soon as I saw the metallic pink-purpley hued snakeskin print & the stud details. The case is quite a bit lighter than what you see here...

Inside that beautiful case is a stash of even more beautiful packaging & products! There are 2 mascaras missing as one is in my daily makeup collection already & I gave one to my sister in law as a part of her birthday present last month. The black eyeliner was also in my make-up bag. :) Not pictured (as I totally forgot to take ANY pictures of them) are the 3 cardboard giftable pillow boxes. 
Here is the break down of what is included in the set.

THE CONTENTS:

3 Eye Shadow Palettes with a nude eyeshadow base & 3 individual shadows. 
3 Volumizing Mascaras in Black
3 Evercolor Eyeliners
3 High Shine Liquid Lipsticks
3 Giftable Pillow Boxes & 3 Instructional Look Cards

Eyeshadow Palettes

 Royal Plum
The packaging on the eye shadow palettes carry the same stud detail of the larger case & this Royal Plum palette is of course a light purple shade. 



 The shades in this palette from left to right. Shadow Base. Angel Wings. Lavender Glow. Vivacious Violet.


Each shade is shown here over the top of the shadow base. The natural lighting was really bright here so the shades look a bit washed out. The darkest shade, Vivacious Violet is much more purple than it appears here. Angel- Champagne nude. Lavender Glow-This is the least pigmented shade out of all 3 palettes, it looks like a pretty deep lavender shade & then when swatched it just sort of becomes a very light pale purple. It took quite a bit of the shadow to build it up to the color shown here & a base would be needed to give any pigmentation on the eye. 

 Romantic Brown
This is the palette that had me swooning over this collection. While I really like the the Royal Plum shadows, I'm just more drawn to nude shades & this palette has 3 great ones. 

From left to right. Shadow Base. Whipped Cream. Macchiato. Espresso. Not only do I love the individual shades, the names are just perfect! If you know a nude-shadow loving, coffee obsessed person this would be a great gift. 

The shadows are swatched with the eyeshadow base beneath them. Whipped Cream- A silky true cream color-perfect for under the brow bone & highlighting the inner corner of your eye. Macchiato-A bronzy sable brown. Espresso-Matte deep brown.  


 Radiant Taupe
This is my favorite palette of the 3! I'm a bit too obsessed with taupe shades & these shadows totally won me over. Each of them are smooth, silky & have almost no fall out when applied to the eyes. When wore with the shadow base they last all day & blend beautifully while staying true to their own shades.


Left to right. Shadow Base. Sandy Nude. Shimmering Taupe. Haze.


The natural lighting is washing these shades out a bit. While they are more pigmented than shown here they are lighter shades, making this palette perfect for a make-up beginner or someone who prefers a more natural look. Sandy Nude-A subtle golden taupe. Shimmering Taupe-Smokey taupe shade. Haze-Dark, deep taupe. 

Eyeliners, Liquid Lipsticks & Mascara!
While all 3 of the eyeshadow palettes are fantastic on their own, Mally paired each of them with an Evercolor Liner, Liquid Lipstick & a black mascara. The EverColor Liners & Liquid Lipsticks that are paired with each palette are shades that compliment the shadows themselves & would allow for an almost complete look to be achieved. You could take one of the pillow boxes, an eyeshadow palette, EverColor Liner, Liquid Lipstick & Mascara & you would have the perfect gift! Just remove the Instructional Look Card that matches the set you are gifting & your recipient will have everything they need to feel beautiful & fall in love with Mally Cosmetics.
Now, let's check out the liners, lipsticks & mascaras, OH MY! 

 Petal to the Metal
The product that totally surprised and shocked me were the liquid lipsticks. I'm in love with all 3 shades from their pigmentation to their scent. They are long lasting & not too stick or tacky like some liquid long wear lip products. Each shade compliments the eye shadow palette & liner they are matched with extremely well. 

Petal to the Metal-a beautiful vibrant nudey-pink. Matched with the Royal Plum Palette, EverColor Liner in Shimmering Black.

 Mally Melon
I knew instantly that this liquid lipstick & I would become friends. It is a perfect spring/summer shade & I know I will be reaching for it a ton during the 2014 warm seasons. Wear it with the Romantic Brown Palette & EverColor liner in Espresso.

Mally Melon-Gorgeous coral!!

 Mauvelous
This shade was paired with the Radiant Taupe Palette & the Evercolor Liner in Royal Plum. I think it is a beautiful deep mauve-almost plum shade that is perfect for fall/winter. I will probably wear it year round as I'm always a fan of a darker lip.

Mauvelous-A Deep-Purpley Mauve.

Evercolor Liner-Shimmering Black

These liners are soft & glide onto the lid easily. You can blend them to create a more smokey look, but do it quickly after application because once they set they are going to stay put for the entire day.


 Evercolor Liner in Espresso.

The formula between all of the Evercolor Liners in this collection is very consistent. Each of them are creamy & glide on very nicely without pulling or creasing.

Evercolor Liner in Royal Plum.

This Royal Plum shade is my favorite out of the 3 as I have been looking for a perfect plum liner. I was trying to find one that wasn't super bright but still appeared purple. I do have a couple of drugstore liners that are purple that I love, but they appear closer to black than they do purple once applied. This Mally Evercolor stays true to its plum shade whether it's worn on its own or over shadow.

Volumizing Mascara in Black
Mally's mascara is a favorite in the beauty blogger world & Mally herself created this mascara because her original volumizing make-up routine that she used on clients took an hour to get it perfect! As far as high-end mascara goes this tube is pretty awesome, but it hasn't completely wow-ed me enough to beat out my current fave(I will feature my all time fave mascara in this weeks Shop My Stash, Spotlight Product.), but the packaging is super gorgeous & I love the sleek black paired with the subtle silver sparkle detail. 

Remember how I said I didn't snap a picture of the pillow boxes? I decided while writing this post that I just had to share them. Excuse the horrible photo quality I used my iPhone because my big girl camera has a dead battery...

As you can see each of the 3 pillow boxes matches with the set of products that Mally put together within the collection. The Informational Cards all have perforated edges making them easy to remove from the booklet that is included & it allows you to gift the mini-sets along with some how-to help to make-up beginners or to someone who is looking to add to their make-up collection. I used the Royal Plum pillow box as a part of my sister in-laws birthday gift & filled it with other make-up/beauty goodies. 

All in all I really like this set, it is a great purchase if you are looking to add to your own collection or if you have multiple people to buy gifts for & you want to stay within a reasonable price range. The products are fantastic & Mally has eliminated the guess work of trying to figure out which eyeshadows, liners & lipstick pair together. With the pillow boxes & informational cards being included you have everything you need to put together a great gift! 

This set is still available through QVC for $72.50 plus S&H, if you break down the price by 3, without including shipping its about $25.00 for 3 different sets that you could gift to friends, your mom, sister, cousins, aunts the possibilities are endless & I think this set would be great to gift for Valentine's Day or Mother's Day!  

If you are interested in the complete set I would purchase it soon. I remember watching one of the Mally segments on QVC over the holidays & they were talking about a similar set coming out in the spring, but I assume the shades/packaging will be totally different. 
In case you didn't know, QVC is a great source for beauty/makeup/skincare products. If you do not have the QVC channel available just check out their site every once in a while as they are always featuring new brands & products. Usually the deals during the featured products segment are better than you will find online but there are great deals online as well. I'm addicted to watching the beauty/skincare/makeup segments QVC & it drives Justin nuts! haha They are usually so informative & inspire me to try new/different things with my products, I just can't resist watching. 

You can find the Mally Celebrate Your Beauty Color Collection-Holiday on QVC.com right....HERE! :)

Did any of you receive this set as a gift over the holidays??? Comment below! 

as always, love from alaska
sadie