Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

19 Reasons, January 2014 ipsy

19 Reasons


Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion ($21.99 for 1.7oz)
I'm currently tracking my every skin care move & in February I plan to share my Skin Care Chronicles with all of you. I'm in need of a new moisturizer at the moment so this was the perfect product to include in my ipsy bag. I'm especially pleased that it is an organic lotion that has argan & rosewater for ingredients as they are 2 of the things my skin seems to respond well to. I also really love the packaging & depending on how my skin reacts I might be purchasing a full size very soon. The entire Nourish line is beautifully packaged & the products themselves are full of powerful-organic skin care ingredients. I probably won't be able to resist trying out the entire line sometime in the near future. 

 Healthy Sexy Hair Soy-Tri Wheat Leave in Conditioner (Travel Size $6.00)
I'm a total fan of all of the Big Sexy Hair products ipsy includes in their monthly bags. Now if they could just send me the Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus Humidity Resistant Volumizing Spray Mousse that I can't find anywhere (locally) I would be over the moon. I really like how this leave in conditioner smells & it adds some moisture to my hair without weighing it down & making it appear greasy. Plus due to the cocoa it smells truly fantastic too!

Faith Aromatherapy Tahitian Monoi Anti-Aging Sugar Scrub (12oz $17.99)
There was a time when I was always running out of body scrubs/polishes at the worst of times, now thanks to subscription box services & the super affordable Tree-Hut-Shea-Scrubs available at Fred Meyer I seem to always have a full stock. Unfortunately, this scrub leaked some liquid out into my ipsy bag & I'm not sure if the scrub will work as it was intended to due to how dried out it has become. It has a really strong natural vanilla scent & appears to be quite coarse. I plan to use it this week before it totally dries out & ends up wasted. 

 MICA Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in 05 Natural ($30.00)
MICA is a common brand included in monthly bags by ipsy. I do not think I've received a product by MICA that has truly wow-ed me & this tinted lip balm is no exception. While the shade is actually more flattering than I initially thought it would be it's not my favorite balm. It is very thin & having to use my finger to apply is a bit of a nuisance, especially on the go. Seriously, where are you supposed to wipe the excess tinted-balm??? I will continue to use the balm to see if the moisturizing properties out weighs the other issues I have with the product. 


 A swatch of the MICA tinted lip-balm in 05 Natural. 

Creamy eye pencils are one of my favorite go-to items when I'm traveling or having to do my make-up on the run. The are compact, convenient & can deliver a whole lot of pigment with one application. To become part of my must-have collection they have to be creamy, crease proof, long lasting, comfortable to wear & pigmented. This pencil is decently pigmented & creamy but it has some rather chunky glitter that could be quite uncomfortable to wear. I will have to give it a try to see if it is worth the $14.99 price tag, but I think that AVON, Rimmel London, Milani Cosmetics & other drugstore priced brands will get the job done a whole lot better.


Swatch of Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Penny.

Everything from my January 2014 ipsy bag-19 Reasons. I really like the bag this month from the teal-ish blue shades to the product line up that resembles a city scape it is a great edition to my make-up bag collection. The only thing I dislike about it is...the scent! Oh my goodness it reeks of plastic, like a horrible pool toy or something. Lol! Luckily the smell has begun to fade & I will be able to use the bad soon. 

If you are interested in ipsy subscriptions are $10 a month & you can sign up here.

as always, love from alaska
sadie