Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Muses. Keepsakes. St. Nick & Disney's Latest Masterpiece


Hey guys!

I know the whole point of Monday Muses was to share things to help you get through another Monday & new week...in that sense I fail all of you today! I woke up feeling slightly under the weather & after getting the twins off to school, I crawled back in bed & Justin, Danielle & I all slept in until about 10:30. It felt really great to just doze off for a while & put Monday on snooze. I did let that relaxing morning feeling drag out all day long. I did some reading, started watching season 1 of Scandal on Netflix(holy crap, so good!) & then around 4PM I finally got dressed & went to the grocery store. I do feel quite refreshed & it was nice to ease into a new week instead of going at it full force like I usually have to. Justin also leaves for work again tomorrow, so I totally took advantage of this being his last full day home & got in some much needed down time. :)

Even though these are technically closer to being Tuesday Muses, I do have some things to share with all of you for your weekly dose of Alaska-Love12 inspiration!



Yes, I'm currently inspired by a Disney movie...over the weekend we took the kids to see Frozen, in regular 2D because 3D is just ridiculous. I'm counting down the days until it releases on DVD & considering taking the kids to see it again! Disney adapted the Hans Christan Anderson fairy tale, The Snow Queen & created Frozen. A story about 2 sisters, the oldest Elsa is portrayed by Idina Menzel (Tony Award Winning Broadway Actress), & her little sister Anna is played by Kristen Bell. The two of them together bring so much power & grace to this story about sisterhood, friendship & finding your own true voice. This film is a Disney-solo creation & without the addition of Pixar the film feels  like the classic Disney films I loved from my childhood, lots of singing, a love story, & a whole lot of relate-able girlie moments. If you are looking for a movie to go see as a family..hell, if you have nieces or nephews you can take to see the film...do it! I've already purchased the music from the film on iTunes & we have been listening to it non-stop! 

St. Nicholas, Celebrating a Tradition
When I was a kid I remember so many holiday seasons when we were visited in the beginning of December by St. Nicholas. Usually we would wake up on the morning of December 6th to find our shoes filled with little goodies, stickers, candy, small toys, apples, & oranges. A couple of months ago Justin & I were discussing our differences in family traditions around the holiday season, & when I tried explaining St. Nick he was thoroughly confused. Upon doing a quick Google search I discovered that the celebration of St. Nick is very popular in Europe &...Wisconsin. I laughed so hard when I found that out! This year we are going to introduce St. Nick to the kids & I hope that they will love it as much as I know I did growing up. If you want to know more about St. Nicholas & the celebration that occurs on December 6th each year, just click here.


Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments
Each year we get the kids a Keepsake Ornament from Hallmark. Usually they feature their favorite Disney character, but while I was decorating our tree tonight I counted 4 Hello Kitty's, 3 Maters, 1 Lightning McQueen, 3 Tinkerbell's, 1 Strawberry Shortcake, & 2 Cinderella's. I think we have the Disney ornament category covered, so this year we are going to keep an eye out for some different styles of ornaments for the kids. I really like the one I pictured here for the girls, I think it is so unique & wonderful. There are so many beautiful ornaments on Hallmark's site & if you can make it into a store you will find so many other little holiday treasures. :) 


Those are my Muses for Monday-Friday this week. What have you guys been inspired by lately? Do you have an special holiday traditions for your family? 


as always, love from alaska
sadie