Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Birchbox-November 2013

Birchbox for November

I promise that I have lots of content beyond subscription box reviews for you guys. All of my subscription boxes arrived later than usual in November & I was a very bad blogger while my mom was visiting, so I'm just now getting around to all of my subscription box reviews. :) 

The theme for November's Birchbox was More Good ( Well, hello lack of proper grammar.) & Birchbox mentions that this is not the season to hold back & that it is about abundance in all forms. I think they missed the mark on Thanksgiving just a bit. Birchbox did donate a portion of proceeds from sales in the Birchbox Shop to No Kid Hungry, a nationwide organization that works to end childhood hunger. 
You guys didn't come here to read about the info card that Birchbox includes in each box, you came here to see what was inside my November box. Let's check it out! 

This lotion is made by Gilchrist & Soames, a UK based company. Birchbox states that this lotion is a favorite in the UK & I can see why. The lotion itself is not greasy at all & is extremely hydrating. The scent is not my favorite-fresh lemon verbena. I think it would be a great scent for the summer time, but for winter it just is too bright & citrusy. Gilchrist & Soames is supporting honey bee & sustainable pollination research at the University of California at Davis Entomology Department by donating a portion of proceeds of sales from the BeeKind Collection to the University's Honey Bee Research Program. 

I was so excited when I received this product in my Ipsy-Bag months ago. I have only used about half of that full size one, so I really didn't need another one. I actually meant to send this one home with my mom, but it was in my office & I totally forgot to make sure she took it! Sorry mom! If you are looking for a crayon-style highlighter that can be used multiple ways, this is perfect. I've used it on my brow bone, my nose, for contouring my face, it is a pretty powerful little crayon-stick! 

I have never had to purchase a Color Club polish because they keep popping up in all of my subscription boxes. :) I'm always happy to receive a nail polish & this one is amongst my favorites. It is a gun-metal dark grey shade with a metallic finish, perfect for winter & the coming holiday season. If this dark shade isn't you shade, check out the others in the collection. I'm tempted to order the Top Shelf shade as it looks like a beautiful, perfect rose gold hue. 

This serum contains 9% salicylic acid & is supposed to have 9 different effects on your skin. 1. Unclog Pores on the First Use. 2. Diminish White Bumps. 3. Minimize Enlarged Pores. 4.Refine & Smooth Skin's Texture. 5. Minimize sebaceous hyperplasia. 6. Smooth dry, rough patches. 7. Help balance oily skin. 8. Fade red marks from breakouts. 9. Reduce Breakouts. 
Sounds like quite the powerful little serum, right? The sample I received is 0.03fl ounces. which according to the packaging, is a deluxe sample. I do not think 0.03fl ounces of anything to do with skincare is enough to be able to determine if a product works for your skin. I will give this a try as a spot corrector for now & go from there. 

LIFESTYLE EXTRA

The Chocopod bar I received was a miniature size that is part of the 8-Piece gift set that you can purchase from Birchbox, here. My mom & I shared the mini-bar that I was sent & it was pretty delicious! If I can ever find Chuao products locally I will certainly pick them up. :)

That was everything from my November Birchbox, all in all I liked everything in my box. While it would of been nice to receive a product that I hadn't already tried (Chella), it is a product that I know I will use eventually. I would have preferred something different from the Paula's Choice RESIST BHA 9, but who knows, it could turn out to be something amazing for my skin! :) 

If you are interested in your very own Birchbox Subscription, it is $10 a month & you can sign up here.

as always, love from alaska
sadie 

This is a total outtake featuring my Chella Ivory Lace Highlighting Pencil. I actually like it quite a lot. Just thought I would randomly share it. ;) 

at the University of California at Davis Entomology Department by donating a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the BeeKind™ Collection to the University's Honey Bee Research Program. - See more at: http://www.gilchristsoames.com/beekind-body-lotion-8oz.html#sthash.ttNEMvN8.dpufat
at the University of California at Davis Entomology Department by donating a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the BeeKind™ Collection to the University's Honey Bee Research Program. - See more at: http://www.gilchristsoames.com/beekind-body-lotion-8oz.html#sthash.ttNEMvN8.dpuf
at the University of California at Davis Entomology Department by donating a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the BeeKind™ Collection to the University's Honey Bee Research Program. - See more at: http://www.gilchristsoames.com/beekind-body-lotion-8oz.html#sthash.ttNEMvN8.dpuf