Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Glam it Up! ipsy...beauty by you for November

GLAM IT UP! ipsy...beauty by you. November 2013

If you have been following along here on AlaskaLove12 for a while now, you know that I love my ipsy bags! I'm in total awe & amazement each month at what the girls at ipsy manage to put together & ship out to their subscribers. This November bag is one of my all time favorites, as it has a little bit of everything. ipsy you did it again!
 Want to see what lovely things I was sent this month??? 
Away we go...

I have been loving my Moroccan Oil Hairspray & all of the Big Sexy Hair sprays that ipsy has sent me. Between my fullsize Moroccan Oil Hairspray & those samples I haven't had to go searching for a new one in months! This Tresemme version smells really great & it is also travel size at 1.5OZ. I know it will be a product that I will use up & instantly wish I had more. Hairspray & I are just that close. ;) 


This is the 3rd Starlooks' product that I have received in my ipsy bags. I have hardly touched the lip liner & the Kohl Eye Pencil is so dry that I can't get it to line my lid without actually hurting! I was a little bummed to see this Starlooks item in my Glam it Up bag. Then I swatched it & it was creamy, pigmented & metallic! I think this is a perfect liner for creating a dramatic, glamorous New Years Eve eye look.

Nailtini is another repeat brand featured in my ipsy bags, the last shade I received was a pale-baby-doll pink shade. I actually ended up giving it away as it was too basic & plain for me. This Champagne shade is fantastic! It actually has a rose-gold hue & I have been searching for something similar for months now. It's always a wonderful moment when you open a subscription box/bag item & you actually gasp at the contents (in a good way). I'm planning on this being my next manicure shade, & I will let you guys know how long lasting & chip resistant the formula is.


I was so happy to see that all ipsy subscribers would be receiving an em by michelle phan product in their November bags. Michelle is a founding member of ipsy as well as a make-up guru powerhouse on youtube & all around inspiration to girls everywhere! Out of all of the products I could of received this was on the very top of my list, I adore lip products & around this time of year I begin searching for the perfect balm to keep my lips smooth, hydrated & beautiful during the winter. This balm doesn't have much of a scent to it & don't be alarmed by the orange shade shown here. While it is a bright orange shade even in person, it actually goes on very sheer with just a subtle creamsicle-coral tint. This is the least tacky/sticky glossy-balm that I have tried in a while & it immediately feels so smooth & luxurious on my lips. I will definitely be trying more of the em cosmetics line in the future!


Pixi has become increasingly popular over the last couple years & I have been lucky enough to receive multiple products in my various subscription boxes. I love the Flawless & Poreless Primer & would love to try the Flawless Beauty Fluid Foundation. When it comes to bronzers I have struggled to find one that doesn't oxidize on my face or just make me look dirty. This Pixi bronzer has a beautiful golden-hue to it, I might just be able to pull it off as a highlighter or a blush shade. There are 2 other shades in the collection if you are looking for one that is a little darker or has more of a peachy-undertone. 


ipsy seriously sent me some amazing products this month & then to top it all off they sent this spectacular bright-red lip crayon by be a bombshell cosmetics. I love lip crayons & I especially love wearing a red lip throughout the holiday season. This particular lip crayon is so smooth & creamy, it does have more of a shiny-finish, but I wouldn't consider it a glossy-style lip product at all. I think that I'm going to use the discount ipsy has available to subscribers for bombshell to order a couple more lip crayons! 

Wasn't this month's ipsy bag just wow-erful?? I was totally impressed by each individual product & have added each of the brands to my list of brands to shop in the future. It wasn't until I started working this post that I realized a product from every single brand (besides Tresemme) had been sent to me in previous ipsy bags! 

ipsy is $10 monthly & you can sign up for your own bag of glam, here. Once you've signed up, be sure to take the Personalized Quiz to ensure that you are going to receive the best possible products for you!

as always, love from alaska
sadie 

I totally forgot to take a picture of the actual bag this month! It is a gorgeous gold bag with a snakeskin texture on the outside & a pink liner on the inside. It is also a wristlet-style bag & will be perfect for packing the beauty essentials around for the holidays! If you want to see a picture go check out ipsy's facebook page. :)