Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Fall in Love Friday #6

Losing Some of that Life Baggage from the Past


I don't know about all of you, but I'm an obsessive over-thinker. I can take moments of my life & dissect them so thoroughly that I re-open old life wounds so deep, I end up wallowing in past failures & upset over something from years ago. It is really quite ridiculous & admittedly one of my very worst habits.
Over the last few years I have gotten a lot better at just letting things go. I've really tried to embrace the what will be, will be mantra. While it hasn't been easy to let myself believe that everything that happened, occurred for a reason & that it occurred exactly as it was supposed to.
Life is harder & sometimes it's harder. So for this Fall in Love Friday I want to encourage you to just let some bits of your past go. The reality is you can't change them, but you can move forward & change the outcome of your future. 
It is so easy to get swept up & start critiquing, obsessing, & picking apart every little bit of who you are & the choices you've made. But I bet, that most of you (like myself) made the best possible choice given the circumstances at the time. Maybe it was the decision to break up with your ex, or maybe it was what college you selected or perhaps it was just a bad haircut or some questionably-overly-arched eye brows. What I'm getting at here, is that life truly has a way of working itself out without all of the agony & obsessing we put ourselves through. 
With the holidays right around the corner, it is the perfect time to just take a deep breathe, live, & let go of some of that crap you should of kicked off your life train at least 5 stops ago. 


as always, love from alaska
sadie