Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Beauty Buzz-Birchbox for October


Birchbox-Beauty Buzz October 2013

You guys, I swear I'm not holding out on you when it comes to posting my subscription box reviews. All of them seem to get stuck in Federal Way, WA for at least a week & then it still takes a few more days to get delivered to me. I can't complain about many things when it comes to living in Alaska, but this whole delayed/take forever to arrive shipping thing is really getting annoying. All of the shipping for my subscription boxes is extremely inconsistent. Still, I'm going to show you everything that was in my October Beauty Buzz Themed Birchbox.
 
Currently, I'm loving Macadamia/Moroccan Oil based products for my hair. This nourishing conditioner by Bain de Terre combines both of them within this paraben-free conditioner that is designed to soften your hair without weighing it down. I think this is a good sized sample & I will probably be able to get at least 2 uses out of it. Bain de Terre also has a jasmine scented line that I'm really urging to try. 

This is the type of sample that I expect & want from Birchbox. Liz Earle is a UK Brand & this Hot Cloth Cleanser is among the top sellers from the entire brand. This cleanser is meant to be used with a 2-step process. Step 1 is applying the cream to your face & massaging it gently into skin to purify, soften & stimulate circulation. Step 2-Rinse the pure muslin cloth in hot water, wring it out & use it to wash away the cream. Liz Earle recommends using it twice daily (morning & night), & following up with a couple of other Liz Earle products. I have used the cleanser a couple of times now & it does effect my skin in a really nice way. I'm not sure that I like it any more than any of my other cleansers, but it is a nice addition to my current skin-care routine. My only issue is that Birchbox counted the cleanser as 1 sample & the muslin cloth as another 1. I think that they should of been counted as 1 since that is how Liz Earle wants them to be used. I would of loved another type of sample instead.


I'm still not sure how I feel about this gloss. I really love the sheer-red shade that it gives my lips. There is something in this gloss that made my lips feel like they were burning, nothing super intense, just the same kind of tingling sensation that is often found in lip products that are designed to plump up the appearance of your lips while wearing them. This gloss has Vitamin E & Jojoba Oil & it has a really nice amount of stickiness to it. My favorite part is probably the applicator, it is a small paddle style applicator & it does allow for some fine precision when applying the gloss.

 Chap Stick Hydration Lock in Vanilla Creme
This new Chap Stick was included as the Birchbox Find this month. The Birchbox Find is a mass market product discovery that Birchbox beauty editors think is awesome. They are added as a bonus item in the box, not in place of another sample. Since I'm always looking for new products to keep my lips hydrated this was a perfect addition to my box. I do not know how often these finds will be included in my box, but if they are as awesome as this one, I won't complain if they are included more often! 

That was my October Birchbox. All in all I liked everything that was in my box. I would have liked if the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser & Muslin Cloth were counted as 1 sample instead of 2. I also would have liked to receive the shampoo version of the Bain de Terre conditioner so that I could try out both of them & see if they work well with my hair. I would have to give this box a 6 out of 10. While I really do like all of my samples, I think Birchbox could of really added one more product to make it spectacular or not count a muslin cloth as sample on its own! I'm sorry but that really irritated me! 

If you are interested in your own Birchbox, they are $10 monthly & you can subscribe here. :)

as always, love from alaska
sadie