Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

*the art of beauty* ipsy review for october

 I love my ipsy subscription, this month I just wasn't over the moon about the theme. Art of Beauty. Since we are in the heart of fall I just wanted to see ipsy do something that was centered around this amazing time of year. 
Then my ipsy for October arrived & while the theme still isn't my favorite the products are all pretty fantastic.


I love cleansing wet wipes. You could say that I have a slight addiction to using them, especially late at night when I have no energy left to do a true cleansing. Using a facial cleansing wipe is better than nothing, right? These LA Fresh wipes are 99.25% Natural, cruelty free, & made without parabens, sulfates, dyes, PEG's, artificial fragrances, & animal byproducts.  I did have another packet of these wipes in a prior ipsy, I believe that they were the unscented version & I used them up right away. I hope that my skin responds to these as well as it did when I used those.

 I purchased another palette in this collection in the Duchess Lounge shade about a month ago from Fred Meyer. I still haven't even played around with it, aside from swatching, it has sat in my make-up drawers untouched. This Desert Festival palette is not something I would have ever picked out for myself & I'm not quite sure how wearable some of these shades actually will be for me.


I swatched, starting with the shade in the left hand corner of the palette closest to my wrist & then around the palette to the center chocolate brown shade. The first tan shade has about zero pigmentation when swatched. The burnt orange is extremely pigmented but it is too red toned for me to be able to wear. The black is just all around chalky & I have other black shadows that I would reach for instead of this one. My two favorites in the palette are the bronzey-burnt orange & the chocolate brown, both are quite chalky but the color pay off is pretty decent, they are also shades I could make work on a more regular basis. 

I'm a fan of the Big Sexy Hair brand & the Weather Proof Hairspray that ipsy sent a couple of months ago was fantastic. I always want to infuse more volume into my hair when I heat style so I have a feeling that this product will work out well for me. I'm not a huge fan of how it smells in the bottle, but once it's applied to the hair & then blow-dried that might change.

This is the second or third time I've gotten a make-up brush in my ipsy. I can't complain, these more affordable brushes are nice to have to use when my Sigma brushes are drying or I need an extra brush on the go. I totally prefer getting a brush from Coastal Scents over the eyeshadow samples we have been sent in ipsy's previously.

Every ipsy subscriber received a nail polish from Zoya's Cashmeres and Satins fall collection. When I saw this polish it helped me get over the fact that I didn't get anything from Butter London last month. I really like this NEVE shade & I know I will get a lot of wear out of this polish for fall & winter 2013. Plus all Zoya polishes are 5-free, which means they are made without any harmful toxins or chemicals, making them the perfect polish for you & your little mini-you. :) 


Okay guys, that was my ipsy for October with the art of beauty theme. Overall I really liked my products. The wipes & volumizing gel I will be able to use, & the Coastal Scents brush is a nice addition to my collection. The Fergie Centerstage palette really wasn't anything too amazing to me, but the ZOYA polish is totally a must have for fall! Nothing to really complain about this month! I just wish the bag had more of a fall theme instead of a random one. :) What do you guys think?

ipsy is $10 monthly & this months bag contained products totaling $23.81, not including the bag! 

If you are interested in signing up for ipsy & receiving your own bag of beauty goodies each month click HERE!!!!!

as always, love from alaska,
sadie