Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Popsugar for September

POPSUGAR for SEPTEMBER
Popsugar is my absolute favorite of all the subscription boxes I have tried so far. Each month there are at least 2 products that I use almost every day. This September box is no exception to that trend, as it was filled with some wonderful items & introduced me to some new companies that I can't wait to make future purchases from. 

I would of never thought milk, oatmeal, vanilla, & vetiver (a fragrant grass that grows in India) could smell so wonderful. Luckily the folks at Barr-Co.(a USA company from St. Louis, MO) thought of it first & thanks to Popsugar our bedroom smells amazing! This diffuser has the perfect clean smell without smelling like cotton, a common scent that I dislike. I have already picked out 2 more Barr-Co diffusers to try out, the Peony & the Egyptain Jasmine which are 2 of my favorite scents of all time for anything. Thank goodness Popsugar sent the Original Barr-Co scent because I never would of picked it for myself! Barr-Co also sells diffuser refills for $36 & replacement reeds for $2.

I have been I fan of the P.S. I Made This site for years, if you're looking for a DIY inspiration beyond Pinterest check it out. While the majority of the projects in the book can be found on the site it is nice to have a hard copy of Erica Domesek's brilliance. The book is broken down into themes with a few DIY projects for each. I want to try out the dip-dye rug & woven clutch this winter in an attempt to keep cabin fever at bay in the heart of the cold, snowy, season.

A few weeks ago I looked at our coffee & kitchen tables & thought to myself, wow we really should be using coasters. Then the thought disappeared amongst the Daisy Troop Leading, twins in Kindergarten & overall life pondering. Once again Popsugar came through & sent this beautiful set of 8 coasters with 4 different prints. The colors are my current favorite go to shades & overall color inspirations for our home renovation (fingers crossed Spring 2014 will mark the start of our home do-over). I spent at least 20 minutes clicking around on the Rifle Paper Co. site & fell in love with the Tin Recipe Boxes & matching recipe cards. In a modern day age where technology has taken over I still love the simplicity of handwritten recipes on card stock, I might have to make the set a gift to myself for the holidays. ;)

I love elastic style headbands like these, which is why I started making my own months ago. :) If you're longing to have a variety of these please just check out some elastic retailers on etsy & make them yourself, it's totally silly to pay $15.99 for 5 headbands when you can buy yards of elastic in various shades for that price. I actually have elastic hair tie sets for adults & little girls for sale at Arctic Baby Bottoms in Wasilla. They are so easy to make & totally comfortable to wear. Kitsch has a great product, but you can make them yourself or find them at a more affordable price point. :) 

$1.67 per bar is what these would cost if I bought a pack of 12, that is quite a bit cheaper than buying apples & mangos in Alaska. The kids are all super good eaters & prefer fresh fruits & veggies over anything else. Still these That's it. bars provide a pretty awesome option for snacks & lunches when the produce at the store looks so-so (which happens often). I will have to venture to New-Sagaya's sometime to purchase a couple of varieties, for now we will enjoy all of the wonderful apple varieties that are in season & available to us here in Alaska. 

I totally didn't eat these before working out, I just ate them during a rainy-afternoon where coffee wasn't cutting it & I needed to make it to 6PM without falling asleep. They were like energy filled gummy bears, unlike most electrolyte chews they are made from organic ingredients so I didn't feel weird about consuming them. 

I haven't found anything to spend this gift card on yet as everything on the site is well beyond $25. I'm just going to keep checking the site & hopefully there will be something that fits my style & budget. 

POPSUGAR MONTHLY COST-$35.00
SEPTEMBER'S PRODUCT TOTAL: $123.75 (Including the Shoptiques Card)

This September box was amazing! If I had been sent only the Barr-Co. diffuser & the Rifle Paper Co. coasters I would of been thrilled. Send me some beautiful, wonderful smelling thing for my home & I'm sold. If you are interested in signing up for your own Popsugar Monthly Must Haves box click here. 

P.S. My ONLY complaint with Popsugar is how horrible the shipping to AK is. For whatever reason my box gets stuck in Kent, WA or Federal Way, WA for days & days each month. I literally just got his box LAST week, which is ridiculous because the month was 95% over. 

love from alaska,
Sadie