Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

New Hair Color Means New Celebrity Hair Inspirations

Last Sunday I went to Lauren at Forget Me Knot Hair in Wasilla & she worked her magic. Giving me a brand new hair color that totally changed my entire look. I went from having an auburn/brown shade to jet black. I really didn't think before having my hair dyed, I just knew I wanted to go super dark & to do something that I had never done before. Plus, this shade is just perfect for fall & winter. 
Whenever I change my hair, either cut or color I always look to celebrities for inspiration on how to style my hair & how to do my make-up. So I've spent the last week or so keeping an eye out for celebrities that can show me the way when it comes to my own hair & make-up. Over time I will figure out what works for me & what doesn't, for now it's just so much fun looking at celebrity photos & getting inspired!! 



This was my hair about a month ago...

This picture is from a couple of days ago. The bangs are not *new* to me as I have had this style of bangs before. But it's been about 4 years since I last had them this way, so it is going to take some getting used to when it comes to styling them. Aside from the bangs the length of the rest of my hair is about the same, I just had Lauren trim the ends of all of my layers. :)


Want to check out some celebrities with super dark or black hair? I tried to find celebrities who also had blue eyes (my eye color) & fairer skin so that when it comes to make-up I would be able to transition the look onto myself. 

Katy Perry.
When this photo showed up on my instagram feed I felt like I had just stumbled upon my everyday make-up look from now on. I mean how fab does Katy look? Now I won't have the joys of being photo-shopped before I head out for the day, nor will I be able to have glamorous lighting follow me around. BUT... I can go buy that lipstick, Euphoria by CoverGirl BTW & I can also add some texture to my hair when I style it. Keeping the rest of my make up simple like CG did with Katy. 

Zooey Deschanel. 
Zooey was my go-to for inspiration years ago when I had bangs for the first time since childhood. I have always loved the simplicity she maintains when it comes to her make-up. Her eyelashes are always perfect. I know, they are falsies & that doesn't seem exactly simple when it comes to make-up...but you're reading the blog of someone who wore individual-falsh-lashes to her SATS, all 5 times. I really want to re-create this hair look for the holidays & I need to get a set of lashes that are dense & short-ish like the ones she is wearing here.
Jennifer Lawerence. 
Now Jennifer has never had black hair, but she has rocked some super dark shades even though she is a natural blonde. Thank-you to casting of the first Hunger Games movie because I can now turn to Jennifer for make-up inspiration. This look is totally perfect for fall, although I would probably change the lip color slightly for the season. 
Emilia Clark
You are probably used to seeing Emilia with that gorgeous white blonde hair that her character Daenerys Targaryen has on Game of Thrones. Emilia has been seen on the red-carpet lately with super dark hair, her's isn't exactly black but it is dark enough for me to draw some inspiration. (I did read today that she suffered a brain aneurysm a few months ago, I hope that she has recovered & will keep her in my thoughts for health & happiness going forward)

Adelaide Kane.
If you haven't watched the CW's newest fall show Reign I suggest you get on it, right now. I'm a sucker for anything that takes place in a medieval time period OR has elements of the supernatural, Reign has elements of both so I'm already addicted. The shows female lead Mary is portrayed by Adelaide Kane, she has some super dark hair, sometimes it looks black & then in other scenes it appears to be just a super dark brunette shade. I'm really loving the hair pieces & braids that are featured in the show, not to mention the scene in the pilot of the girls using flowers to make lip stains & charcoal to line their eyes really thrilled me. Perhaps Mary the character is more of a beauty/hair inspiration at moment than Adelaide Kane herself. I hope she is on a red carpet sometime soon or in a magazine shoot so I can get some more ideas... :) 

Well guys that is the end of my list of my current celebrity inspirations when it comes to hair, makeup & beauty. Of course Khloe Kardashian is still my go to celebrity because of our face-shapes being pretty much identical, she has just had lighter-ombre'd hair lately so she didn't quite fit into this list. :) 
I have a house full of kids at the moment so I need to go rent a Halloween movie (Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown of course!) & get everyone settled into the living room for a sleep-over movie night!

much love always,
Sadie  

*none of this pictures are my own...since I'm not a red-carpet photographer at this time ;)*