Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Muses, Glitter, Pumpkins, Cookbooks & Cobwebs


Glitter Pumpkins
I don't know about you, but I'm not exactly looking forward to the mess that comes with carving pumpkins. We have 3 huge pumpkins just waiting to be hacked into & a part of me really wants to try to convince the kids to do anything with them that doesn't involved carving. If it were up to me we would be covering every single pumpkin in glitter. Maybe I will have to buy some more smaller pumpkins & glitter them myself. I prefer the dip-dye in glitter idea vs coating the entire pumpkin in glitter. There is something so beautiful about the orange shades of pumpkins, so I don't want to hide it, just let it sparkle & shine. 

If you haven't found your way to the Pioneer Woman website, or caught an episode of her show on the Food Network, or...gotten yourself a copy of one of Ree's cookbooks, I don't know whats wrong with you? Kidding. Really though, both of Ree's prior cookbooks The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl & The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier 
are phenomenal. Both books feature true down to earth, home style, comfort food & each recipe is broken down into easy steps with picture tutorials, making both cookbooks a true must have in any kitchen. When I heard that The Pioneer Woman was going to be releasing a holiday cookbook, I had to pre-order it! With 1-click on amazon this stellar cookbook will be on it's way to me within the next couple of weeks. Just in time for menu planning for the upcoming holidays!  If you are unsure on which of Ree's first two books to purchase yourself, I recommend Food from my Frontier. 

I have mentioned before how much I like the apparel from AK Salmon Sisters, while I usually pick things out for myself this Blueprint Ship Shirt is perfect for Justin. I have started looking for things for his birthday in November & of course Christmas. I think this shirt has made it onto the YES list.

My rose gold obsession is a little out of control....lately the world of make-up has exploded with powders that are rose gold & I want them all. This is a limited edition holiday piece from BECCA & is available from Sephora, it has been receiving some mixed reviews in the comments but I think I'm going to ignore all of the negative ones & purchase this for myself before it sells out. Have you found any amazing rose gold make-up lately? 

This is exactly how I feel about cleaning right now. The gloomy, rainy, fall weather today really isn't aiding in my motivation. Consider my piles of laundry spooky & the cobwebs haunted, because until next week I'm refusing to tidy up anything. 

I hope you're all having a great start to your week! If you have any Monday Muses' please share them! 

as always, love from alaska,
sadie