Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Let's Review...August *ipsy* Glam Bag-Glamour Academy

I swear that I just put away the items from my July ipsy. I was totally not expecting my August ipsy to be in the mail box yesterday, but it was & I'm totally excited by all the products & to be able to share them with all of you! 

The Bag! 
How pretty is this bag? It reminds me of Harry Potter & my life in boarding school. Plus I totally think the royal purple & gold are a nod to the royal family. :) 

When I first started using Michael Todd products I ordered the Normal/Combination skin Discovery Kit & one of the products in it was this gentle exfoliating scrub. Yesterday when I was taking a shower-(I like to use my facial scrubs in the shower because I make such a mess when washing them off...), I thought to myself "I really need to re-order more of this scrub." Well thank you ipsy for including this sample in my bag for August! If you haven't checked out Michael Todd for yourself yet, please do! It is really worth investing in some skin care products that work & are organic & healthy for your skin. :)

MICA Beauty Cosmetics-Mineral Eye Shadows Day Colors in #17 Bronze (2.5G $14.95)
At first I thought this was a bronzer & I wasn't really too excited about it with summer coming to an end. Then when I logged into my ipsy account & checked out My Glam Room, it said it was an eyeshadow. To my defense on the back it says it is a shimmer powder...this eyeshadow is free of preservatives, dyes, talc, chemicals, oils,  & other fillers. According to the MICA site it isn't supposed to crease either. I will have to test it out sometime soon, bronzes are among my favorite eyeshadow shades for fall. I will show you a swatch of the shadow below, for some reason all of my swatch photos blurred & looked awful, so I have on photo that came out great...but it would totally give away all of the other products if I showed it now. ;)


I've received Pixi products in my other subscription boxes & I was pretty impressed with them. Although I have been loving my REVLON-Lash Potion in the Waterproof Formula I will take a break from my obsession & try this mascara out. :) I do think $17 is pretty expensive for a basic mascara...I mean it better give me some eyelashes that make me go DAAAAYUUUM if it's $17. 

 Pacifica ALIGHT Multi-Mineral BB Cream 0.34fl oz (1.fl oz $16)
This is my 2nd favorite samples from this month's ipsy. I really LOVE tinted moisturizers, I think I have about 6 different full size ones right now & yes, I do use all of them. :) Plus I'm always thrilled to get products from Pacifica, one of my very first ipsy bags had the Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange lotion in it & I have been obsessed with it ever since. Keep sending the Pacifica products ipsy! This is supposed to give you a natural glow & is made with anti-aging botanical ingredients. I have to say that I'm pretty pleased that it doesn't contain any SPF amounts....sometimes I really just prefer not to have a white-cast on my face in photos & A LOT of SPF facial products break me out. I hope that if I like this I can find it at my local Target, I have seen a few Pacifica products pop up but I have never found this. If I had, let's face it...I would probably already have it. 



Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy (Full Size $22)
When I saw that samples of Urban Decay's new lipstick line would be included in some ipsy subscribers I didn't even let myself think for a moment that I would have a sample in my bag. Then my ipsy arrived & I was sooooo excited to see that I actually had a sample in my bag! Although the shade I received is a little more of a summer color I'm still excited to try out the formula & longevity of the lipstick. I really, really, like the Venom shade & I'm going to pretend like it doesn't exist until fall officially arrives. :) 

SWATCHES!
Very top-MICA Shadow in Bronze. 
Middle-Pacifica Tinted Mosturizer
Bottom-Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy 

ipsy & benefit are hosting this giveaway together, so if you haven't entered already you better enter now! :) 

Well guys there is everything for ipsy August-Glamour Academy. Are any of you ipsters? What did you think of this month's bag? 

I'm looking forward to getting my blogging schedule back on track over the weekend & into next week. I haven't forgotten about the 30 Day Beauty Blogger Challenge...I've just been super busy getting the twins ready for kindergarten & doing lots of hiking & biking. So....beauty blogging will be back soon! :)

as always,
Sadie