Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Let's Review....POPSUGAR Monthly Must Have July

Well the month of July is almost coming to an end & so far only ispy & now my POPSUGAR subscription boxes have arrived. I have no idea where my birchbox is, it was shipped the first week of the month & my eco emi just shipped this week. I have to say that I really wish the shipping to AK was better overall with all of the boxes, but I digress. Let's check out what was in the July box for POPSUGAR. 

MUST HAVE FOOD
If there is one thing you can expect from subscription boxes it's tea. While I'm not a daily hot tea drinker I do like to drink iced tea everyday, so for me this is a perfect item to receive. I hope that this stuff can break my addiction to Starbucks Passion Fruit Unsweetened Tea, seriously it has gotten a little out of hand. I think I will make some of this tomorrow & since it is caffeinated maybe I can skip my 2-4 daily cups of coffee. If Ginger-Peach isn't your flavor there is a Calypso-Mango & some other choices as well. 

MUST HAVE HOME
Kitchen gadget type items are amongst my favorite thing to receive in my subscription boxes, especially when they are something I know I will use regularly. We are always making smoothies, protein shakes & iced beverages so this try is perfect! Plus, having ice cubes ready to go will be perfect with my Mighty Leaf Iced Tea! I also checked to see if this tray would fit in the freezer in our camper & sure enough it's perfect! Justin & I both like to have a mixed drink every now & again when we are camping & we never remember the ice, so maybe having this in the freezer will help correct that. My only complaint about this item....why the hell didn't they send us the fuschia version??? I would expect red in a special edition men's box or even in Justin's MANTRY, but everything with POPSUGAR is pink. 

MUST HAVE BEAUTY
If there was one product this month that I was completely *meh* about when I saw it....it was this one. I know there are a lot of people out there who just love this stuff & were thrilled to receive it, I just am not a daily sunscreen user. Believe me I know the reasons I should wear it, but living in Alaska it just isn't part of my daily skin care routine. I wish I could say that by receiving this SUPERGOOP products & the COOLA sunscreen sample in my *ipsy* I will be wearing sunscreen 24/7 now, but I know that I won't. Although it will be nice to have a high end sunscreen to use on the days I need it & hey, maybe it won't clog my pores. But really, you can give me an amazing lip product over a sunscreen anytime, any day.

MUST HAVE BEAUTY #2
Nail polish is one of my favorite ways to infuse some color into my day to day look. This summer I have been wearing Essie's Bikini So Teeny almost non-stop. This NCLA polish for me is the purple equivalent to that shade, usually when you think of pastels spring comes to mind but this summer it is all about a mix of neons & pastels for me. I actually just applied this to my nails & I LOVE it! I finished it off with my ORLY Matte Top Coat & I think it will look great no matter what I decide to wear this week. :)

MUST HAVE FOOD #2

When I get my late-night-OMG-I'm-starving-did-I-even-eat-today-cravings, I always want something that is both crunchy & sweet. Now I'm not a crunchy cookie fan, something about a little delicious cloud of a chocolate cookie that *crunches* really isn't appealing to me. So when I saw these I wasn't really that excited by them. Then my late-night craving kicked in....they are AMAZING!!! They totally satisfied my nigh time snacking needs & while they aren't the healthiest thing (ie-kale chips) to munch on they are made with out trans-fats, GMOs, preservatives, artificial colors or preservatives. If I'm ever able to find them at a store near me I will purchase them, especially for road trips & the kids lunches. :) 

MUST HAVE FASHION
Plus a 20% Off Code
This is by far my favorite item in this months box. I've loved rose gold jewelry for a long, long time now & I've especially been loving things with chain or stud detailing lately. I already wore this necklace twice & both times I received numerous compliments on it.

Here is a picture I posted to my instagram yesterday when I was wearing the BAUBLEBAR necklace. I styled it with one of my fave sundresses from Target (it's about 4 years old), my fave sunglasses of this summer (also Target), a vintage jean jacket (thanks mom!) & some sparkly bow studs (Target haha!), the necklace really just tied everything together & made me feel that much more chic. Now, I seriously wish as a Stella & Dot Stylist that they would feature one of their amazing jewelry pieces or accessories in a subscription box so that I could rave about them! Maybe I should just do a post all about my favorite items from the NEW fall line anyway. :) 

The total price for the July box is about $108 & the monthly cost is $35. 

Do you want your very own POPSUGAR each month? Then click here to subscribe!!! :)

I have to say that this wasn't my favorite POPSUGAR I've ever received it certainly wasn't disappointing either. The SUPERGOOP just isn't for me & I would of preferred to see other items in different categories instead of 2 MUST HAVE FOOD items & 2 MUST HAVE BEAUTY items. Now, the hype of this supposedly being the anniversary box for POPSUGAR really made me think it was going to be spectacular. I guess August will be the anniversary box & they already emailed us a preview of a Gorjana-Griffin Gold Necklace with a $60 price tag. :) So I'm totally looking forward to that box next month! 

What did you guys think? Are any of you subscribers to POPSUGAR? :)

as always,
Sadie