Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Let's Review-July *ipsy* Review

I cannot believe it is almost the end of July already! To anyone waiting on this review I apologize that it has taken me this long to get it up. Between the computer issues last week & the ridiculous amount of time it takes my subscription boxes to get to me I know most ipsy ladies have already gotten their boxes. Still I thought I would share the products that I received this month anyway. :)

 The Bag
Totally on trend & fab! This month's ipsy bag is so fun, it reminds me of jellie shoes & see-through purses from my childhood. Plus it is neon pink & a fun change from the usual ipsy bags. As much as I want to find a use for this bag myself, I think I have two little girls who would love it even more than me. Looks like this bag is for sharing! :) 

 Big Sexy Hair-Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray 1.4oz (Full Size $18.95)
I'm always pleased to see a big sexy hair product in any of my subscription boxes. I wish I had known this stuff existed when I was still living in WI! The weather there is so much more humid than it is in AK, so when I wear this product I don't know that I'm going to be able to judge it accurately. It does smell very much like a salon hair product which is really nice too. 

derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub 1.0 oz (Full Size 2.0oz $32.50)
I'm a huge fan of facial scrubs, especially ones that are made 100% vegan as well as paraban, sulfate, & cruelty free. This scrub was also made with out mineral-oil, glycol, lanolin, & GMO's. So without all of those things you might be wondering what exactly this jar a is filled with? It is an exclusive crystal blend with Dead Sea Salt & Volcanic Sand. It is also enriched with Lime & Lemon peel which are natural astringents plus a does of antioxidants of Grapeseed & Vitamin E. This stuff smells sooooo good too! I'm truly dedicated to my Michael Todd True Organics skin regimen, this scrub is formulated with similar ingredients as well as being a natural product so I think it will fit in nicely to my skin care routine. :)


bh cosmetics-California Collection Eye Shadow Sampler 
 (Each Full Size Palette Currently on Sale for $9.95)
The previous eyeshadow samples I've received in my ipsy have honestly been a bit of a miss, they were shades that I either couldn't use or just didn't have great pigmentation. These three shades, one of each from bh cosmetics new Hollywood, San Francisco, & Malibu palettes Each of these is something I would wear (not at the same time.), & I did go check out the individual palettes on bh's site as well, they are on super sale right now for about $10 a piece! Before you go purchase let's check out some swatches. 

 
As you can see I somehow swatched the shadows backwards. The gold one is from the Malibu palette & it is a true gold with just a hint of shimmer. San Fransisco is a bronzey-brown color that also has some shimmer, this shade will blend in well with the other shades I'm using on my day-to-day eye look of the moment. Now, the purple from the Hollywood palette looks absolutely beautiful in the sample, then when you swatch it out, it becomes an under-pigmented, underwhelming purple. However it is build-able, the swatch you see above was achieved from about 4 swatches on top of one another. I will have to wear these shadows on my eyes to see how they actually perform before I decide if I want to purchase the complete palettes.

Coola spf 20 Mineral Sunscreen .23 oz (Full Size 1.7oz $36)
I have to admit that I rarely wear sunscreen, I know, I know it is a sin when it comes to the skin care world but literally every sunscreen I've used on my face has made me break out! Now when I'm camping or know I will be out in direct sunlight for hours at a time I do try to remember to wear sunscreen, so this will be good to have on hand in a couple of weeks when we will be camping.  As far as sunscreens go this one is formulated with a Titanium Dioxide based formula as well as 98% natural ingredients, there is also cucumber extract to calm skin. For me this was the product I was the least excited about...I know I won't be purchasing a full size of this any time soon. 

POP beauty pouty pop crayon in Coral Crush ($18 for 6 online)
I saved my fave for last! :) I'm always thrilled to receive anything from POP beauty in any of my subscription boxes...especially when it is a fantastic lippy!! These balms are super moisturizing & come in a range of 6 shades, so far I like this way better than the REVLON kissable-bitten balm stain things, I just cannot get past the taste or smell! This one still has the minty sensation & smell to it, it just doesn't bother me as much. Oh, are you wondering about the pigmentation? Let's check it out....

It is a pretty coral color that is absolutely perfect for summer! The pigmentation is wonderful & I have worn it quite a bit & the longevity of the wear on your lips isn't fantastic, but it is a balm so that is to be expected. It also is a twist-up style crayon, which I so prefer over ones you have to sharpen. 


Well friends there is my *ipsy*...beauty by you for the month of July! What did you think? Are any of you subscribers to *ipsy*??? I would really like to see the other POP lippy shades & the nail polishes that some subscribers received. :)
If this review perked up your interest in getting your very own *ipsy* it is $10 a month & you can check it out here.

as always,
Sadie

PS. My POPSUGAR Monthly Must Have box finally arrived on Saturday so that review will be up sometime this week. My birchbox shipped weeks ago, no idea where that is. haha! Eco-Emi just sent a shipping conformation email over the weekend....many many more reviews coming to you this month!!! :) -love-