Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

May Birchbox :)

Hey guys!

I had canceled my subscription with Birchbox a few months back, really I was just frustrated & sick of tea samples, foil packets & lavender based/scented products. I had previously really liked all of the summer edition boxes so I decided to give Birchbox a second chance. My first month was May & let's take a look at what I got! :)

Nothing snazzy about this month's box, just the classic Birchbox packaging. For a while I missed these boxes more than I missed the actual samples!

Inside of the May box! The theme this month, is Birchbox beauty diaries. "This month's Birchbox is all about you:the order in which you try your products, your daily routine, the techniques you've mastered. We want you to spill big-time--consider it your beauty-tell-all." It's a fun beauty play on a mad lib (which I LOVE) that Birchbox wants subscribers to take a picture of & tweet with their choices filled in. The winner (not sure how they are selecting one), will get full sizes of all the products in their boxes. 

Inside was this little gold package. Honestly, I think these are a waste of paper products & really do not add any value or pizzazz to the boxes.

Cargo-Water Resistant Blush in Ibiza $26 (Full Size)
One of the items inside the little gold box was this blush by Cargo. When I first swatched it, it felt quite chalky but when applied to the skin it was a bit softer & more blendable. The shade itself is a classic pink with quite a lot of sparkle. The pigmentation isn't very bright & it adds just a little pop of color now that I have a bit of a tan. I do have a lot of pink shades like this in my blush collection, but none of them are water resistant, so this is a happy edition. :)

Isaac Mizrahi- FABULOUS Eau de Parfum $20-$69 Full Size
I think I'm one of the rare people that doesn't mind perfume samples. I enjoy having new scents to test out & usually in subsription boxes they are scents that I wouldn't ask to smell at a perfume counter or ever purchase myself.  That makes recieving lots of perfume samples something I look forward to. This scent is totally me & something I would purchase myself though so it is PERFECT! It is a blend of mandarin & jasmine (MY FAVORITE!) laced with vanilla. I have already worn this a couple of times & I love it! :)

COOLA Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face $32 Full Size
This is the product that I like the least in this May box. I have been using Michael Todd True Organics products on my face for about 2 months now & I'm afraid to try anything else that might cause a breakout. I also think this was in the Birchbox-Man Subscription box this month, personally I think it's pretty lame for them to use the exact same products in both boxes. If you are interested in this moisturizer it has evening primrose & borage seed oil.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive $39 Full Size 
I have to say, I have been really liking all of the Juice Beauty samples I've been getting from all of the different subscription boxes. I've been able to try out quite a bit of the line & have selected some full size products I would like to purchase sometime soon. This peel uses organic, fruit-derived hydroxy acids to help exfoliate & brighten skin. 
Runa-Guayusa Tea $39 Full Size
Tea samples were one of the reason that I cancelled my Birchbox in the first place. This tea though, is something new & different to me. Guayusa is a native Amazonian tree leaf that indigenous people in the Ecuadorian Amazon have brewed like tea for thousands of years. The tea has as much caffeine as one cup of coffee & twice the antioxidants of green tea with a smooth, naturally sweet taste. :) I have been wanting to try caffeinated teas & reduce my coffee intake daily, so for me this was a good sample. :) 

There is everything that was in the May Birchbox! If you are interested in getting your own click here. I'm looking forward to seeing what June-July & August's boxes have & then I will decide if I want to continue my subscription beyond then. 

as always,
Sadie