Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Get to Know the Blogger, in this case...Me!! :)

Hey guys!
I know, I know it has been forever in blogger years since I posted last, but life has been so, so, hectic! Justin came home from his hitch on Tuesday & we have been non-stop busy. The twins turned 6 on Monday (YAY twins!!), & we had their party last night. I will post some pictures once I get a chance to edit them & get all of the confetti from birthday poppers cleaned out of our carpet. :) 
Anyway, the kids fell asleep around 8 this evening, usually in the summer time they are up running around outside, soaking in all of the night time rays of the sun until 10 or so. With how long our AK winters are we truly make an effort to spend as much time outside in the summer time as possible. The mosquitoes have been horrible lately, luckily since I'm an AVON/mark consultant I have a stock of bug products to help with natures vampires. 
Since the little trio is asleep I thought I would do a Get to Know the Blogger post that I have been wanting to do since I started this blog a few months ago. For a while I debated on doing a get to know me post that had questions that were a bit more general & not so much about beauty/hair ect, but I really am a lover of all things within the beauty blogger spectrum so I decided to go with the questions in this Beauty Blogger Get to Know the Blogger Tag. :)
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is confused. For years I had extremely wavy hair & then I changed up my hair care routine & grew it out to the length it is now & it has lost a lot of its volume.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I have dyed my hair a bunch of times myself, but in the last few years I have really enjoyed going to a salon to get my hair done. Currently I go to Lauren at Forget Me Knot Hair in Wasilla & I love it!!! The salon is new but all of the stylists working there are business partners with many years of experience between them. The atmosphere is wonderful & Justin & Nikoli even get their hair cut by Lauren regularly now too. :)

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
No. I do have a few go to lazy-day hair styles (side-fishtail braid, messy bun, high-top knot, messy pony), but since I don't shampoo my hair more than 2x a week (GASP!) I have to style my hair differently depending on how far between washes I am. I really like trying out new hair styles & styling techniques.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do both at home. I absolutely cannot handle getting a pedicure! It is a form of torture for me & I the last one I had was before my wedding & luckily my mom was with to distract me.
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
Usually weekly, lately I have been letting my nails take a break from all of the polish & polish removers. I will probably paint them sometime this weekend though.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Year round! The sight of naked toe-nails gives me the creeps! haha. :D
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
I asked Justin this question just to see if our length of time matched up. I thought it only took me 20-30 minutes just for my make up. He said he doesn't know what I'm doing in there, but it takes me at least an hour. I think he is including the time it takes to do my hair & he's probably right. :)
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?

I do my face first, unless I'm trying out a new-to-me look or technique. Then I will do my eyes first in case I end up with smudges, smears or a complete disaster that I have to wipe off & start all over.


9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I'm a collector. Sometimes I like to pretend that I only purchase when I need something, then I walk into my bathroom.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Only for special events or when I want to feel extra glamorous. There was a time when I wore lashes almost daily, now I'm just luck if I evenly contour my face.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?

If I'm going to be home all day & no one other than my kids are going to see me, I won't wear any makeup. But if I'm leaving the house I will usually wear a full face or at least a tinted moisturizer, mascara & gloss.

12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
I answered that a bit in #11, but when I'm visiting with family back in WI, yes I wear make-up. Something about being around all the women in my family just makes me want to be chic & pulled together all the time.

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Not really, people always ask me if I'm feeling alright or if I'm just getting over being sick when they see me without make up. After years of that....I have to say I'm a little self conscious when it comes to bare skin & eyes. :(
14. How many high-end products do you have?
Enough...while there are some high-end products that I adore & have/will repurchase. I really love finding hidden gems at the drugstore. If I'm going to try a new look or if I want to try a new shade of some product I will always turn to the drugstore first. There are a lot of duds with high end products & at the drugstore so it is important to read reviews, watch youtube videos & do a little research before hand. Or, if you're like me you'll start out with the best of intentions of researching products before you leave for the grocery store & then impulse by anyway because you have no self control.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
This is one of my biggest fails! My entire life I have been a last minute outfit planner...My side of our bedroom looks like a Forever 21 dressing room after a sale if I can't find something to wear. I'm pretty sure if you ask my mom/dad/dayma/anyone I have ever lived with, this has been true my entire life.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
With being an Independent Stylist with Stella & Dot I like to change my handbag often. Justin says all of my bags are the size of carry-ons, which if I'm being honest with myself, is accurate. Lately I select my handbag based on what the kids & I are going to be doing or what I will need throughout the day. 
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Oh I'm all over the place on this on! When I was working out of town my day started at 3AM & often ended around 10 or 11PM. Due to that type of a schedule for years I have really struggled to get back on a consistent bedtime routine. Currently I go to sleep a few hours after the trio has gone to sleep & I have finished doing whatever it is I wanted to accomplish. I wake up at 5:53 every-single-fricken-day when the road construction equipment gets fired up around the corner. I sit up, look at the time & panic for a moment, thinking that I forgot to make the crew breakfast! Then I realize I'm in bed & no longer a head chef in a remote location camp...
18. How often or when do you workout?

Ugh. Never. NO seriously, I do not even know how I ended up in a lifestyle rut where working out isn't a top priority. But with the kids & Justin working out of town so much I just can not get myself on a consistent workout plan. It's horrible....it is something I'm actively trying to fix...


19. Left handed or right handed?
Right.
20. How tall are you?
5’9″ 
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?

Toddler Speak, baby babble & unicorn. Yep, after years & years of Spanish Classes, tutoring & a lot of margarita drinking, I speak unicorn. I'm quite fluent too, just ask my 6 year old daughter.


22. How many pets do you have?
5 (well, probably 24 or so if you individually count the fish, so we will count them as 1 making it....) 6! Denali-Justin & the kids pup from before we met. :) Aurora-My pretty girl-pup that Justin brought home from a shelter for me as a gift around our 1 year of being together anniversary. Collins & Cordova, rescue cats that we got the kids after they begged us for a year. Kobuk-Our little wubbie, Justin got him for me as a total surprise for Valentine's Day this year. He is part American Eskimo & part cutest mutt ever. Then there are the fish, which were given to us by Justin's mom last week. Guppies, bottom feeders & an angry catfish round out our mini zoo.
23. How often are you on Blogger?

Depends on if I'm posting or editing..if I'm reading other blogs I use Bloglovin now because Google decided to do away with the google-friend-connect-thingy.


24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I do! People can be so rude & it upsets me, so I'm not sure why I continue to read the rude comments left on other people's blogs but I just can't help it.


25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I do! It's so much fun trying out new things.
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
I live in Alaska & it is the place where I truly believe I found myself, Love because without all of the love given to me in my life I would be a much more bitter shell of a person & I like to remind myself that ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!!! (Cheesy, Moulin Rouge reference, anyone? anyone? ) Of course the 12, 11 was my favorite/lucky number for years. But then Justin came into my life & I felt a whole lot more complete, happy & lucky so I added 1, which equals 12. 2012 is also the year we got married.

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
my iphone. Seriously, it's bad...we are looking at a Canon 600D on amazon.com at them moment though.
28. How often do you clean your house?
Daily...we have 3 mini tornado producers living here. Laughter is the sign of a tornado siren around here. What is it about the funnest things for kids being the messiest?
29. What’s your favorite color?
Teal-Mint-Turquoise. Anything that I can deem teal is my shade!
30. Do you swear?
Ask my father-in-law. No, seriously, I have been actively trying to phase out the F-BOMBS because they offend him so much. Someone please tell me how to quit swearing, I've never been addicted to anything in my life but I just can't give up the damn F-words.
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Shower. Watch a movie with Justin & fall asleep...probably on the couch while watching a movie with Justin. 

Well guys, there you go! A little glimpse into who I am. Hopefully you will all get to know me better & better as this blog continues to grow. :) I tag all of you to answer these questions & look forward to reading the responses. 

****You can now follow alaskalove12 on Bloglovin'! Just click the link to the right & add me to your daily dose of internet fun!****

as always,
Sadie