Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The May Eco-Emi Fairy Sent Me...

...lots of wonderful products perfect for summer! From the lovely Christine at Eco Emi, "The May box is a blend of products from awesome new companies as well as products from some of my favorite staples, enjoy!." The theme for this month is KICK OFF TO SUMMER!

Here's what was inside the little priority box of sunshine! 

 Suncoat Girl Nail Polish in Apple Blossom $7.99
A water based nail polish? Am I the only one who didn't know such a thing existed??It is odor free & releases water vapor when applied. There are a total of 16 shades available on the sungirl site, some of them are 100% vegan as well. I probably won't use this polish a ton for myself but it is a shade that the girls will love this summer. 

Lauren Brooke Cosmetics-Powder Eyeshadow in Pink Champagne $9.00
Lauren Brooke Cosmetics is a frequent repeat brand with Eco-Emi. Usually there are eye product samples or in this case a full size powder, so having it be a reoccurring brand doesn't bother me. The shadows themselves are all natural & preservative free. If you have sensitive eyes these are great! As you can see in the photo the pigmentation isn't too spectacular, but they are amazing if you are looking for a more subtle look. Available in matte, shimmer, sparkle & mystic. You can even order sample sizes from the Lauren Brooke website for $1.40!

 Eco Lips-Mongo Kiss Honey Vanilla Lip Balm $1.99
This lip balm smells soooooo good!!! If honey-vanilla isn't your thing it is also available in unscented, peppermint & pomegranate. The Mongongo Oil is sourced from a rural village in Zambia, Africa. It is USDA Organic, Fair Trade Certified, GMO & Gluten Free. This is one of my favorite things I have received in any of my Eco-Emi boxes!

AquaSport SPF 30 Sunscreen $12.99 for 3oz
I had never heard of AquaSport before this & I'm excited to give it a try. This sample size 5mL is really small when it comes to something you apply onto your skin, especially since I would really like to try it out on the kids. AquaSport is proven effective after 80 minutes in the water & it is also sweat resistant. 

Seaweed Powder Bath with Hawaiian Kukui Oil:Lavender Scent $3.98
I have not had the best luck with the other Seaweed Bath Co products I have received in my other Eco-Emi boxes, plus this one is Lavender Scented...combine those two things with my extreme addiction to LUSH bath products & I probably won't be getting to excited to use this. The kids have been taking a lot of nighttime baths lately & this will be great for that. 

Athena Bars-Pomegranate $22.68 for 12 bars
Athena Bars are another great repeat brand with Eco-Emi. All of the greek yogurt flavors I have gotten previously were great so I'm sure this one will be too. :)

Suncoat-Vegan Natural Mascara 10mL $14.99
With a $14.99 price tag this mascara borders on high end price territory, I haven't had a chance to use it yet...it's going to take a pretty spectacular mascara to break me away from my Physicians Formula Organic Wear. 

All Terrain Herbal Armor Insect Repellent 4oz $8.99
All Terrain is the same brand that makes the Aqua Sport sunscreen & this is another 5mL sample. Mosquitoes are horrible during the summer here in AK, so any little bit of DEET free bug insect repellent is a welcome addition to our bug bite free arsenal.

Beauty without Cruelty-Rosemary Mine Tea Tree Shampoo 2oz $2.99
I started on a sodium laurel sulfate free shampoo hair journey back in 2011 & I have actually used this exact shampoo a couple of times. Tea tree products aren't my favorite when it comes to shampoos & conditioners, a really strong scent lingers after your hair is dry & it isn't a good one (at least to me)! I will throw this in the box of stuff that is going to be put in our travel trailer for use this summer. 

This month's Eco-Emi box had 7 full size products & 3 that are actually considered sample sizes by the manufactures. Although there were a couple that I was not super excited about the rest of them totally make up for that! If you are interested in signing up for your own box of exo-chic products every month click here.

Now, I have a DISASTER of a kitchen to deal with & a Mt. McKinley size mountain of laundry to get finished. I really do not enjoy housework during the winter, but this week the sun has been shinning so brightly I have had a hard time staying inside & cleaning. Today is the day that I will ignore the warmth & just clean, clean, clean. :)

as always,
Sadie