Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

***POPSUGAR Monthly Must Have for May 2013***


Hey guys!

I hope you all had an amazing Memorial Day Weekend. We spent the long weekend taking care of some yard work & soaking up the sunshine. Of course we wouldn't be able to enjoy such a wonderful & productive weekend without the honorable service from the members of our US Military Branches. I just want to say thank you & let you know that my family appreciates all that you have done & will do. :) 

Now...onto the POPSUGAR Monthly Must Have Box for May! I was more excited opening this box than I have been for any subscription box in months.


This months spectacular collection, minus two items that just wouldn't cooperate in the photo.

Way Better Snacks Simply Sweeet Potato Tortilla Chips ($20.94 for 6)
These tortilla chips were this months special extra, I haven't tried them yet but I'm sure they will be the perfect summer snack. What kind of salsa goes well with sweet potato chips though?

Pacifica Natural Color Quench Lip Tint in Guava Berry ($6.99)
I had no idea that this Pacifica Lip Tint was 100% vegan! I really love the shade that I got, I'm not sure if it smells like guava, because I'm not even sure I know what actually guava smells like. :) The packaging of this product is so detailed & beautiful it's amazing that it is not a high end brand & you can find it at Target! 

The Original BeautyBlender & BlenderCleanser($23.95)
I literally squealed out loud when I saw this! My current beautyblender that was in a birchbox months ago has gotten a little, well loved. I had actually been thinking about ordering a new one for myself this summer, but then POPSUGAR came through with not only the beautyblender but the blendercleanser too! This is the travel size package, so the blender itself is a bit smaller than the one from birchbox. 

 Kooringal Giselle Mid Brim Hat ($27.99)
I adore this hat! I have been wearing it every single day since I got it! It is the perfect accessory for working out in our yard & lounging on our porch. I will be taking this hat with me on every single camping trip this summer. The entire hat is crushable & durable, so I will be able to pack it in anything! The brim is also adjustable which makes wearing a sun hat so efforless & chic. Mine is a grey color & I think other people black or olive colored ones, personally I'm super thrilled I got grey. :) 

The Modern Cocktail-Modern Margaritas (On Sale $7.59)
Margaritas & I, we have a very wonderful connection. We are so close that I have burned through 3 blenders in the last 2 years mixing up my own blended versions. With flavors like blood orange & mango I thought that this would be a hit! I mixed up a cocktail this weekend during a BBQ with some friends, & I have to say...the size of the cocktail one of these makes is so teeny, tiny that I had to mix the watermelon & authentico flavors together. It tasted amazing but I wanted more! :)  I do think these would be a perfect hostess gift for summer parties or as a house warming gift. There are also other varieties, including a few zero calorie ones on the modern cocktails site.

POPSUGAR Reusable Bag
This bag is not of the greatest quality, but I can live with that because it will be perfect for drugstore beauty supply shopping! 

Charm & Chain $30 Gift Card
I had never heard of Charm & Chain until this month, but I have never met an accessories site that I didn't like. There is not a single item on the site for $30 or less, so I'm going to have to spend some $$$ if I want to use the card. Luckily it doesn't expire until December 31, 2013 so I will have time to pick something out. 

Questions I Ask When I Want To Talk About Myself($12.95)
I'm pretty sure Mindy & I were separated at birth. There are some crazy similarities between the most embarrassing & awkward parts of our lives. I literally looked at Justin when I opened this & said "Anything with this Indian woman on it, is a perfect gift." He just laughed & reminded me how much I lack in the subtle department. Anyway, I can't wait to bust these out when we are camping this summer. 

 May POPSUGAR Box Total-$87.96 without the Charm & Chain Card.
Subscription Cost= $35

Not only was this my favorite POPSUGAR box ever, it was worth over twice the cost of the monthly subscription! If you are interested in getting your own lifestyle box each month click here! I'm so excited to see what the June & July boxes will have. :) 
as always,
Sadie