Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ipsy May 2013!!!

hey guys!

I'm so anxious & ready for summer to arrive here in Alaska. Today things are looking rather gloomy & grey & I've found myself daydreaming of a tropical getaway during my spare moments. Justin & I are going on a mini-vacay this weekend. It is only to Anchorage & Girdwood, which are not tropical by any means but I still feel like it is going to be the refreshing, fun & relaxing weekend we need before all of our summer adventures & projects begin.
Luckily my ipsy...beauty by you bag arrived this week, so I have a few great-getaway perfect products to use during the weekend. :) ipsy is $10 a month & you will receive 5-6 different products(alot of them are full size!), as well as a cute little make-up bag that matches the month's theme. So, lets check out what was in my ipsy bag for May!

ipsy...beauty by you
MAY 2013
*Spring Fling*

 St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion 
Friends have been telling me to invest in St. Tropez self tanning products for years. Snow White & I are skin twins! Personally, I have been a loyal Jergens Self-Tanner user since middle school, but I was thrilled to get this sample this month! I have been trying to work up the courage to try it before we leave tomorrow for our weekend getaway, but I have a fear of ending up splotchy or orange! Not to mention 1.69 oz probably won't get the job done for my entire body! I think I will go to Sephora this weekend & look at the entire St. Tropez line. A full size retails for $18

Mirabella Lipstick in Pixie $22
When I first opened this lipstick to swatch it I was expecting it to be a bright, very pigmented, coral color. It is actually very sheer, but build-able & the pigmentation isn't as bright as I assumed it would be. I checked it out on Mirabella's website & it is actually one of the colors in their colour sheers line, which is basically a high end version of the Maybelline color whispers. There are 14 colors to choose from & all of them are made with mango butter & are lead & paraben free.

ZOYA Nail Polish-Piaf $8
I have quite a few ZOYA polishes in my collection, they are one of my top 5 polish brands & I have yet to be disappointed in a polish from them. I got the shade Piaf in this month's ipsy, it is a metallic yellow shade. Usually, I'm not a yellow polish person, this will be the 3rd in my collection ever! It is a pretty light color & I think it will be fun for the summer! Plus my girls were really excited about it! According to ZOYA it was created as a custom runway shade for the designer Zang Toi.

Juice Beauty-Lipgloss in FIG $15
Juice Beauty is a popular brand amongst the subscription box services...I have had it as a repeat brand in both my birchbox & ipsy. It has also made an appearance in my POPSUGAR. In no way am I complaining, I have yet to be disappointed in a product or receive a product that I haven't used from Juice Beauty! This was my first makeup item from the brand & I think it is a gorgeous lip gloss! It is a reflecting gloss that is packed with a ton of shine power & a combination of antioxidant-rich berries, minerals & sweet agave. It has a sweet smell to it & doesn't have a weird product taste either. There are 3 other shades available right now besides the FIG shade that I now have. :)

yaby concealer refill in buff $4.85
This for me was the most underwhelming product of the bunch. I feel like finding a concealer that works for your skin is such a personal thing & it really takes a lot to find one that is a match in color, coverage, performance & wear. However, I gave this a little trial run yesterday, I had minimal errands to run later in the day & wore this in my blemished areas. I would not recommend it as an under eye concealer, but for covering up some minimal skin issues it worked just fine. yaby is another repeat brand from ipsy, this concealer was much more impressive than the eye-shadows received in the past. :)

Here is the bag. Just wanted to let you all see it on it's own. It's actually my favorite bag so far from ipsy. I really like the chevron stripe print & the fun spring fling colors! :) It has teal on it, so you know I had to mention it!

That wraps up this month's ipsy products. Some people did receive a Pacifica Roller Ball Perfume or a Macadamia Hair Treatment or other colors of the Zoya Polish & Mirabella Lip Sheer. I would of preferred the Macadamia Treatment over the Zoya Polish, but really I can't complain because I know I will use everything I received! If you want to get your own little bag of beauty bliss in the mail each month click here to sign up! 


Hope you all are having a wonderful month of May & I will be sure to post a review on all of the other subscription boxes I recieve in the mail this month! Thanks guys!

as always-
Sadie