Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

April *ipsy* Review

Time for another subscription review! I warned you that I have an addiction to them. :) Living in Alaska it is easy to feel cut off from other parts of the world, I know quite a few Alaskans who don't live that way, I'm a transplant from another state so for me that plays a factor into feeling distant from even just the Lower 48. For me I really enjoy staying current on trends in the fashion, beauty & even culinary industries, which is why these subscription boxes are so great!

So...onto my April ipsy(beauty by you...) box for 2013! :) This month's theme was Pretty in Pink. 


The Make-up Bag
I like this bag a lot...I think the inside is really adorable & I really like getting something that I can re-purpose & use again in my life. My girls each have an ipsy bag for sleepovers & travel. The bags are big enough to hold their hair stuff & toothbrushing gear. 

SATION Nail Lacquer for ipsy($5.25)
There were two options this month for these polishes, I got the shade of corset I'll call you. I haven't used this polish yet, but I have read reviews from others who got one this month too & the reviews are not great. :( I usually go for much bolder polishes so this one will probably go into a box to be given away. (not because of the bad reviews, I just do not have a preference for light polishes)

healthy sexy hair. soy renewal styling treatment ($3.99)
I'm a huge fan of all of the big sexy hair products that I have tried, quite a few have made it into an empties collection. I was really excited to see this in my bag! I have been using Moroccan Oil/Argan Oil a TON recently, it has become my fave go-to ingredient when picking hair products. This can be used on damp hair prior to styling OR on dry hair to reduce frizz. I will most likely use it in my hair when it is damp & then let it air dry. Since I have started using oils more in my hair the amount of frizz has greatly reduced, which is quite the feat with this dry Alaska air!! 

two cosmetics-eyeshadow duo-in heartache ($5.57)
I had never heard of two cosmetics before & I can't say that I'm thrilled with this shadow. With my skin tone wearing pink shades on my eyes makes me look sick & washed out. I have found a few pink shadows that do work, but both shades in this duo are not very pigmented (they are a little more pigmented than the picture shows, but not by much). I did check out two cosmetics site & there are a few products I would like to try. 

be a bombshell-blush-sweet cheeks ($16)
I LOVE this blush! Formula, shade, how it wears throughout the day...LOVE it! It has a really soft & smooth formula that feels so amazing. It isn't powdery or chalky & it applies beautifully. The pigmentation is fantastic, way better than my iPhone camera allows me to show you.  There is also a bit of shimmer to it, which I don't mind in this case. NARS orgasm has been the only blush that I have loved with shimmer....until now! I went onto be a bombshell's site & have found some other shades of blush & products that I want to try in the future. Plus the name be a bombshell is so cute! It reminds me of SMASH (which has been cancelled. boo!) 

Well there it is April's *ipsy* bag. Overall it was an okay bag, two of the products were hits & two were really misses for me. However, all 4 products are considered full size. Even the soy renewal is a full size-travel size product. Total product worth=$30.81. Monthly Subscription=$10 

If you are interested in signing up for ipsy you can join here.
You can find the SATION Nail Polish Brand & Healthy Sexy Hair on Amazon. :) Or at a salon/spa. 


Justin should be home next week! That means...APRIL MANTRY UNBOXING! We have a pact that I will not open his Mantry even for a peek. It has been sitting in my office for over TWO WEEKS! I want the culinary excitement & to find out what is in that damn crate. Until then...here is the March review.

as always
-Sadie