Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

**March Eco-Emi Review**

Hey guys!

I hope that spring has arrived where ever you are, because here in Alaska we are experiencing a beautiful April blizzard. A week ago I was planning gardens & camping trips, now I'm back to snow shoveling & bundling the kids up in layers to play outside. As pretty as the fresh snow is I'm quite ready for some sun & blue skies. 

Along with the blizzard I recieved my March 2013 Eco-Emi box! It is the last of my subscription boxes to arrive each month but it is well worth the wait. :) This month's box theme is best described by Eco-Emi's own; Christine. The card for March reads...

"I love when the weather turns warm you can leave the windows open for the fresh spring air. I also enjoy spring nights listening to the crickets, frogs & owls & even some rolling thunderstorms. I wanted to put together a box that was full of the warmth that you get from the sun but that also captured the calmness of the moon & stars at night. The seasons are so magical and fun and spring definitely is one of the most enchanting of them all. Warmest, Christine" 

For me spring seems to be a season away...still I can enjoy dreaming about it each time I use the amazing products in this months Eco-Emi!

1) Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home Free. $1.49 
I snacked on these while writing this review & the are delicious! They are gluten free & whole grain. Now if you are expecting a soft cookie these are not for you, they are crunchy & pack a sweet punch. If I can find them at a store here in Wasilla I will be purchasing them for myself & the kids to snack on. 

2) Glazed Strawberries Lip Gloss by The All Natural Face $4.60
This is the 3rd All Natural Face gloss I have received in an Eco-Emi. It is described as having a light strawberry pink-subtle color, which is completely accurate. On my lips it adds a bit of shine but hardly any pigmentation. I really wish it smelled like glazed strawberries instead of the strong minty flavor it has. I'm sure I will get some use out of it but it isn't going to be on any favorite lists.

3) Smashing Watermelon Classic Laundry Detergent by Rockin Green $14.95 for 45.90 Loads
I have gotten a lot of laundry done with the help of Rockin Green! My sister-in-law owns Arctic Baby Bottoms here in Wasilla & Rockin Green is one of the brands she carries. I especially like their "shakers" which I use in my kids dirty clothes bins to help reduce the odor that occurs between washes. 

4) Lavender Vanilla Shea Butter Moisturizer by Natural Heavenly Beauty 4oz $10.00
 Well, I was afraid to even smell this product because lavender is my least favorite scent used in beauty products & cosmetics. But I decided to take a chance & test it out. Luckily for me it smells more like vanilla than it does lavender. It's totally moisturizing without leaving any residue behind on your skin. 

5) Lavender Healing Lip Balm by Belle's Healing Solutions $2.99 0.15 oz
Unfortunately I did not have the same luck with this balm as I did the shea butter moisturizer, as it smells completely of lavender. I'm going to give it to one of my girls to use as their lips are always getting chapped & dried out in the winter...oops I mean spring..winter? 

6) Assorted Herbal Soaps by Theraganics $7.00 5.0oz Bar
There were 3 different possibilities for the type of soap in this months box, Almond Oatmeal, Sea Salt or Detox Charcoal. I got the Detox Charcoal....I was hoping for the Sea Salt because I was intrigued by the idea of a sea salt soap. But I do like how the Detox Charcoal smells & I'm excited to test it out soon!
The packaging reads...."Bamboo charcoal has been used for centuries to purify & detoxify. The Detox Charcoal Bar gently removes exes sebum, as well as makeup. For normal to oily skin-use nightly as a make-up remover, cleanser & toner. Drier skin types use every 2-4 days or as desired"

7) Organic Bengal Breakfast Tea by Teatulia 16ct $7.49
You better like tea or know someone who does before you subscribe to Eco-Emi. There is a tea sample in almost every box. I enjoy drinking tea in the spring/summer months when I'm camping. English Breakfast tea is one of my favorites (maybe because it pairs well with milk & sugar)...this Bengal Breakfast is supposed to be sweeter & smother than the English Breakfast version. It also has some of the health benefits of green tea as well. 

8) Rejuvenating Mask by Dr. Hauschka $52.95 1.0 oz
This mask is described being able to revitalize pale, dull skin, visibly reduce pores, & soften hardened skin tissue. It also says it calms sensitivities & redness. I haven't had a chance to test it out it, but I plan to during my next night time pampering session....kids in bed by 9PM...dogs settled in...laundry folded...breakfast prepped....preschool lesson plans done...all before I can use a face mask. :)

9) Free-Rejuvenating Herbal Gel Cleanser & Make-up Remover by Blissoma $26.99 4oz
"Free is a duo-purpose, restorative gel cleanser for when you need to remove difficult makeup and all the day's dirt in one easy, healing wash. Free is the ideal match for the most reactive & allergic skin types due to it's super pure, simple, & elegant botanical construction. Together in the beautifully balanced gel herbs, soap-bark, & gentle organic oils come together to rinse skin clean & balance it all at once."  I haven't used this yet...but I'm really looking forward to it when I finally do!

Well there you have it...this month's Eco-Emi line up! Again I'm super impressed & excited about what was in the collection. :) You can sign up at Eco-Emi & each month is $15. 

As always...love. 
Sadie