Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

February Eco Emi Review!

Hey guys! 

I have to admit that I am a bit of a subscription box addict...currently I'm subscribed to multiple boxes & I can't seem to break the habit. While it's not adding $$$ to my checking account it is good for all of you because I get to review some really awesome boxes & let you know about the amazing products that come with them! 

This time I'm going to be reviewing my February 2013 Eco-Emi box. I have been subscribed to Eco-Emi for over a year now & I can happily say I have never been disappointed in a box! Eco-Emi charges $15 a month & has about 6-10 natural, eco-friendly, samples in each box. Within the year that I have been receiving my monthly boxes I have found multiple products that I have purchased full sizes of & continue to use. The products range from hair care, beauty, make up to food & tea. 

So, let's get started & talk about what was in February's box! 


This month every thing came in this great little tin, all of my other months have just been packaged inside of a USPS-Priority Box with some confetti & tissue paper. The tin itself was a great surprise & hope we see more reusable items like it! As you can see the info card is beautiful, every month I'm so impressed with how gorge a little piece of card stock can be! Not to mention informative about the products, why they were picked for the box & prices. 

 Serenity-Vegan Hair Gel by .ily 8oz $16
This product is designed to tame frizz with a flexible hold as well as moisturize, strengthen & smooth hair. It contains agave & aloe vera. The scent is very strong in the bottle but once I used it in my hair I hardly noticed it at all. I can't say that it held up extremely well in my hair but it did keep frizz & flyaways at bay. *I have long, naturally wavy hair.* 

 Exfoliating-Foaming-Vegan-Cleanser by Suki $32.95 4oz
 I love the smell of this product! It has a clean-lemongrassy scent to it. Plus it really did exfoliate my face very well without causing a break out or extreme redness. I'm currently trying to decide if I should order a full size once my sample runs out. 


Berry-Red-Lipgloss by Purely You Minerals $7.00
This was the product I was the most excited about when I opened my box. After I used it, it then became the product I was the most underwhelmed with. It looked so bright, shimmery & beautiful when in the container & swatched on my hand. Then when I used it on my lips it did not carry hardly any red pigmentation & kind of just smeared all over. While I didn't mind the formula the lack of pigmentation was a bummer.  
 
Pumpkin Spice Bars by Athena Bars-12 bars $22.68
A few months ago I received a blueberry Athena bar. It was delicious! So I was really excited when I saw this in my box. It's the one of the things I haven't tried yet, only because I'm saving it to snack on the next time we go out snowmachining.


Key Lime & Mint Gum by Vitacare 12 Pieces $12.99
This was my favorite thing in the box!!! The flavor is so fresh & yummy!  It is enriched with essential vitamins & calcium. The citrus. The mint. The freshness. I need more! :) 


Collagen & Almond Enriching Moisturizing Lotion by Aubrey 12 Oz $9.99 
Usually I get a little irritated with foil packets in my subscription boxes (I'm calling you out birchbox!), however when you get as many good quality, unique, decent sized samples as you do from Eco-Emi the occasional foil packet is alright. I did enjoy the scent of this, it smells like almond extract & is very moisturizing, packed with collagen & elastin. 


Peppermint Spice Lip Balm by Moody Sisters $3.95 .33oz
The lip products were not hits for me this month. The packaging on this balm is absolutely adorable. I'm just not a fan of mint flavored/scented lip products. The formula is very moisturizing & contains shea butter, almond oil, coconut oil, vitamin e & essential oils. It is available in other flavors so I may pick some of them up someday.


The Amazing Trio Packets (Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, Alfalfa) by Amazing Grass 15ct Packets $21.99
This is another item that I have not used yet. I recently started a shake program, as well as daily fresh green juice. I plan to add this into one of them very soon. It is a gluten free & raw product that I'm excited to try out! 

Well there you have it! February's Eco-Emi box of 2013. If you are interested click the link at the start or end of this post & sign yourself up. Sometimes there is a bit of a waiting list but I was able to get in less than a month after I signed up! :) 

Eco-Emi Link